Ram 2500 XL for overland / expedition trips

Explorerinil

Observer
I asked Don if he would make custom coils. He said no. But I bet if enough of us email him about making a 1" lift coil that replaces the stock coil in an AEV kit he would reconsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn’t he make a .5 inch lift coils? Why can’t that work?

ttengineer

Adventurer
I asked Don if he would make custom coils. He said no. But I bet if enough of us email him about making a 1" lift coil that replaces the stock coil in an AEV kit he would reconsider.

Doesn’t he make a .5 inch lift coils? Why can’t that work?

According to him the way his coils terminate will cause his springs to bow excessively in the AEV coil seat.

I haven't tried it. But I would think it would work since the AEV coil seat is designed to take the stock coil and the Thuren coil is designed to replace the stock coil. But, and Don has a point here, his coils are longer since they are softer and are designed to work with the angled stock coil seat, hence his uneven coil termination.

So I may be willing to take the $300 hit to see if it works. I'm just very hesitant.

I may call CJC and see if they know of anything that could work.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
i'd like to see what the firewall looks like with that big ass chunk cut out of it. Ive considered cutting that off for ********** and giggles

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I've considered rolling the pinch weld at the rear of the fender well, but I doubt I could bring myself to cut that much into a new truck, that would make me sick lol.

Ravenmad

Observer
Here are a couple of pics of were to cut.

Attachments

• 20180422_113731.jpg
    20180422_113731.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 20180423_145423.jpg
    20180423_145423.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 156

silvrzuki77

explorer
Where did you find the formula? I’ve had some issues in the past with some different tires.

Thank you though!

Ravenmad

Observer
I was told to take the flooring (high / wrong or indifferent)

Weight on each tire from the truck
Load capacity of each tire at max PSI

Divide the max load of each tire by the actual load on the tire
Take that percentage and apply the to the max psi

(i.e. if the max load is 7000 lb max psi is 100 / and actual load on each tire is 3500ld then appropriate psi would be 50psi.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
lolol... prepaid baby. tin foil hats and IMEI skipping software..... they will never catch me.... lololol

it doesn't really work, there are about a dozen different ways that the carriers can monitor the location and activity of a device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy