Ram 2500 XL for overland / expedition trips

g man

+1 for the LineX Ultra coating. That was my choice for the bumper on my F350. I color matched part and used black for the brush guard. I’ve been pleased with the results.
9b0e3e161e7f53e038d6311c85da2ca6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttengineer

Adventurer
+1 for the LineX Ultra coating. That was my choice for the bumper on my F350. I color matched part and used black for the brush guard. I’ve been pleased with the results.
9b0e3e161e7f53e038d6311c85da2ca6.jpg

Hell yea, that looks great.

Ravenmad

Observer
Actually, your right, it does not look bad at all, as a matter of fact, it looks really good. I will have to head down to the local LineX shop and see if I can look at an example in person. If its nice, well, I would not be apposed to having the bumpers, fender flares, lower body line down and the outline of the grill all coated to help protect it from chips, scratches and light debris contact. Man, I really don't like chrome...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I did color matched Line-X on the front bumper of my last Super Duty and while it looked great, the color started to fade/chalk in a year.

Sweet truck G Man!

Adventurous

Explorer
I did color matched Line-X on the front bumper of my last Super Duty and while it looked great, the color started to fade/chalk in a year.

Sweet truck G Man!

Was that regular Line-X or premium? The guys at the Line-X shop recommended premium to me due to additional UV protection. Don't know how true that is, but I have an appointment next week and will find out.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yea, it was premium. I was quite surprised to see that it didn't last. I sold the truck before it became worse (not the reason I sold it lol), I have no idea what it looks like now.

Ravenmad

Observer
Well, I stopped by my local LineX location and got a quote... Front bumper, all 4 flares and the rocker panels up to the body line, color matched within reason to the wheels (desert sand) ... $2000. and $2500 if they also did the inside bed of the truck. $1000. of it was color match charge... I won't be doing that, absolutely absurd in my mind, very nice people, great owner, horrible price.

ttengineer

Adventurer
Why not just go classic black then? Was that the price for Ultra too?

I'd shop around too because Linex locations are usually franchised and get to choose their own pricing.

Ravenmad

Observer

Nope, it was for the premium, they said they would not do the Ultra on bumpers or rocker panels and they also told me the ultra would be more expensive yet (something about it having to come color matched from LineX and they could mix up the premium to color match in house. I don't know, it all sounded wonky to me, like they knew what they wanted to do and pushed me in that direction. I think I will go to a diffrent store and get a quote to compare.

ttengineer

Adventurer

Nope, it was for the premium, they said they would not do the Ultra on bumpers or rocker panels and they also told me the ultra would be more expensive yet (something about it having to come color matched from LineX and they could mix up the premium to color match in house. I don't know, it all sounded wonky to me, like they knew what they wanted to do and pushed me in that direction. I think I will go to a diffrent store and get a quote to compare.

Definitely do that. Also, you e shown a willingness to travel for good service, so I would call the biggest and best dealers in your part of the country or further if you're comfortable.

Ravenmad

Observer
Definitely do that. Also, you e shown a willingness to travel for good service, so I would call the biggest and best dealers in your part of the country or further if you're comfortable.

Yup, thats a good idea, I will do some checking and find the largest LineX dealer with the best reviews and see if I can get a better price. I totally don't mind driving a ways to get good service, heck, I don't even mind a little extra cost, but I can't stand crappy service, salesman speak, and getting gouged on price (man, I know what I want, just be honest and upfront and I will respect it)... anyways, great idea...

ttengineer

Adventurer
Awesome, I'm eager to hear your results as I'm planing on doing Ultra on my grill, bumper, and rocker panels.

Sounds like you just went to a crappy dealer. See below photo.

4225c765851df51c5b2bf5d5dac3797c.jpg

Adventurous

Explorer
I've received a few quotes from the Line-X places in the area. Line-X of Castle Rock had the best price, Line-X of Boulder had the highest price, but they were within 10% of one another. I'm not sure if they typically vary any greater than that though.

Ravenmad

Observer
I've received a few quotes from the Line-X places in the area. Line-X of Castle Rock had the best price, Line-X of Boulder had the highest price, but they were within 10% of one another. I'm not sure if they typically vary any greater than that though.

I will try Castle Rock, The shop I use is in Kiowa, so no big deal going to Castle Rock. I wonder, would the city of boulder allow me to drive my truck through their town or would I be in risk of some type of red blooded american, meat eating, flag waving violation? Wait, wasn't Mork and Mindy filmed there? Owwww, nope, it was filmed on a studio set in California, they just made pretend they were in Boulder.... Makes sense.

Funny about the LineX add.... Yeah, ummmm, bro, your add sess its perfect for rocker panels and such...

I should send them a copy, maybe they don't know. lolol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy