• Start date

PGT

Adventurer
random pics from my travels....

Casa Pueblo, Maldonado Uruguay

DSCN0255.jpg

Maldonado, Uruguay

DSCN0247.jpg

Neuquen Province, Argentina (the red circle was our campsite and tents!)
DSCN1126.jpg

Reggae Beach, east of Ochi....Gold Coast of Jamaica

DSCF2666.jpg

DSCF2641.jpg

sleeping pup on our front lawn....."The Columns" at Rose Hall, Jamaica

DSC01276.jpg

Up on Volcan Lanin, Neuquen Province Argentina. Looking across at Volcan Villarrica in Chile.

5643.jpg

Another from Lanin, looking down at the border crossing and the escorial (ancient lava outflows). Red circle highlights hikers a few hours below us.

9e30.jpg

PGT

Adventurer
Bloody Point, Daufuskie Island SC.

DSC00257.jpg

Cacapon River, Capon Bridge WV

Cacapon.jpg

me and my bud Mojo (RIP) up on Raven's Rock, Ice Mountain WV

RavensRock.jpg

Las Toscas, Uruguay

uruguay2.jpg

Uruguay.jpg

downtown Montevideo, Uruguay

montevideo.jpg

montevideo2.jpg

Montevideo.jpg

PGT

Adventurer
Van Buren Point, NY (Lake Erie).

feb6.jpg

Volcan Lanin from Lago Hechelafaquen, Argentina
e89c.jpg

Punta Ballena, Uruguay (Pronounced "Punto BaShayna")
PuntaBallena.jpg

Lago Lolog, Nequen Province Argentina
f4c2.jpg

road to the border with Chile, Neuquen Province Argentina (near Volcan Lanin)
ea8c.jpg

Volcan Lanin, Nequen Province Argentina
4a3e.jpg

Rio Chimuen, Nequen Province (Lanin looming in the background)
3420.jpg

PGT

Adventurer
Cabo Polonia, Uruguay (Polish Cape)

CaboPolonio.jpg

starting our two day ascent of Lanin, Neuquen Province Argentina

2d24.jpg

Mufasa (RIP), cooling off under the falls. Skyline Drive, Virginia

2884.jpg

Panorama shot on top of Volcan Lanin, ca. 2002. Neuquen Province, AR.

LaninPanorama-small.jpg

and, a lone stunning flower I came across at 3k feet on Volcan Lanin. Life prevails.....

0e36df8d.jpg

PGT

Adventurer
Most of the trips were after I lost my job after 9/11 and I said "****** it" and hopped on a plane headed south with no particular destination or plans (besides knowing I HAD to visit Patagonia.....). Have credit card, will travel. I got back in late January 2002 and had a job offer waiting...I kind of didn't want to take it but wanted to gear up for a road trip across the US by car.

I've got some other pics from a business trip to Germany and France that I'll post up....not too many "scenic" ones so I'll keep them to a minimum.

PGT

Adventurer
John, that Teton's picture is fantastic, I think. Can you link to a much larger version? I'm thinking it would look great at atleast 1080px tall and however many wide

it is magnificent. my old man has a HUGE print of the aspens in the foreground hanging in his living room. I think he bought it at the Denver airport and had it shipped....some (semi?) famous photog. He used to spend a lot of time in Jackson Hole at a government facility nearby.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
John, that Teton's picture is fantastic, I think. Can you link to a much larger version? I'm thinking it would look great at atleast 1080px tall and however many wide

Thanks man. it was a great weekend trip for the fam and I
man this tetons pic is huge. Over 25000px on the long side. I have tried to crop it but cant find a crop I like better than the entire pano. If you would like i could send an email of it but there is no way to see the entire thing on a website. I plan to have this printed to about 15 inches tall x ???

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Thanks man. it was a great weekend trip for the fam and I
man this tetons pic is huge. Over 25000px on the long side. I have tried to crop it but cant find a crop I like better than the entire pano. If you would like i could send an email of it but there is no way to see the entire thing on a website. I plan to have this printed to about 15 inches tall x ???

Just post link to it scaled down to measure about 1080 or maybe 1280 vertically, and don't worry about the width. My mouse scrolls sideways :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach