taco2go

Explorer
Serenely slipping into nightfall

i-96dmzfz-M.jpg

i-XWrx89t-M.jpg

i-37zD25W-M.jpg

taco2go

Explorer
Typical of lake superior- You never know what you're going to get up there- took my son backpacking this past weekend and was glad I brought the camera along.
Dramatic clouds, huge waves, intense dawns and dusks- lots of photo ops. :)

i-bxVC256-M.jpg

i-kPkwppb-M.jpg

I'll be back in that area this weekend again (around Munising) if anyone is interested in a photo fun Friday night....Tom....if you and your guitar are nearabouts....

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Both cool shots Ywen. I like the spot lighting of the town surrounded by shadows. Beautiful high mountain lake scene too. What is the little sparkle just above the far shore of the lake? It would be a sweet spot for a little cabin. :sombrero:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Ywen, I recognize Bodie, but not the location of the Sierra Mtn shot. Where was that taken? It looks like a magnificent location.

ywen

Explorer
THanks .. ha the lake is Tenaya lake in Yosemite.. shortly after the shot, we went down and paddled a bit with the packraft before sunset...

no idea what the sparkle is.. could be headlights (sucks right? ).. tioga pass rd runs right next to the lake where the sparkle is..

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Helloflyboy, for shots like the one with the GG I would suggest shooting with the horizon level. Shooting landscapes off level tasks the viewer. This type of photography is more suited to vehicles such as road/sports cars. Just some CC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk