*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

rickashay

Explorer
Ya you do!

That bumper looks sick. It ties in well with the bed rack.

Damn I need a rear bumper! LOL

Edit: are you considering adding a swing out?

Front bumper in the planning phases, I'm hoping to have one by August.

I'm trying to avoid a swing out due to keeping it clean and simple looking. I love the functionality of the swing out and may have to ad one later our of necessity, but trying to avoid.

Nice. Gonna be doing the SFK once they are released. Looks very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jose. Me, you, and Sean will all be running an identical rear setup if you do the SFK. Pretty funny! haha

This truck has become a beast. Looks great!

Thanks! #Doug is growing up.

The picture makes it look like any additional rotation and you will send the shackle into the mount. Perhaps the angle the picture is taken from is deceiving?

Photo is a little deceiving for sure. Next time I find a good flex ramp I will grab a photo of it fully flexed on the one side (as opposed to the whole axle drooped out). I think Eric is thinking about adding an additional mounting hole on the production SFK kits, which would move the brace forward I would assume. (Hopefully he chimes in). As he explained it to me, I am still on a factory leaf pack, anything aftermarket and custom will provide a slightly longer leaf pack (should for more flex) which will require us to utilize the rearward holes. Time will tell... Deaver is calling my name!

Put the plate on the tailgate!

Like this? My next mod...
Resize%20of%202005_10130015.JPG

E.Roy

Aspiring Explorer
The picture makes it look like any additional rotation and you will send the shackle into the mount. Perhaps the angle the picture is taken from is deceiving?

I don't recall exactly but I think it can swing 30 degrees forward, but it is actually a benefit of this design because the shackle cannot pop forward

rickashay

Explorer
Those shackle mounts are cool. Who makes them?

I have made them before, but if they're for sale, they're probably cheaper to buy.

Eric @ Archive Garage ^^^

It's something you might think would be an easy job to fabricate in the garage, but with the rear frame taper and the angles at play I am very happy to have something that was designed digitally and tested prior to cutting out the factory mounts. Super happy with the setup.

Cletus26

Adventurer
What have you had to do with the SFK. Just the one extended brake line? Does the e-brake cable still work without modification? Obviously new shocks and you have a 3 leaf add a leaf. Btw where did you buy your add a leaf. Being in Alberta you know what it's like to find or have stuff shipped up.

rickashay

Explorer
Exactly.

I can make anything, but if it's already out there, and it will save the customer $$$, then why not just buy it?

Agreed. I posted in your thread, did I hear right that your doing a Tundra SAS?!

What have you had to do with the SFK. Just the one extended brake line? Does the e-brake cable still work without modification? Obviously new shocks and you have a 3 leaf add a leaf. Btw where did you buy your add a leaf. Being in Alberta you know what it's like to find or have stuff shipped up.

I have rear extended brake lines and have the LSPV relocation bracket. Factory E-brake cable, although I bent one of the brackets a little to allow more slack in the line at full droop. There isnt much more room to move though... even with my rear line extension, with much more droop I would need more brake line extension.

AAL is from The Gear Shop in Calgary. BUT that being said I might be pulling the trigger on some Alcans/Deavers right away if you want to pickup a AAL or factory pack with AAL in the next little bit. Shoot me a PM.

Also, Eric requested a photo of the shackle angle at static ride height - see below.

IMG_7295.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

BanksyB31

Finally made my way through 87 pages! Nice build man.

Ive been looking at V8 Runners and Tundras to replace my clapped out 94 Runner with 5vz swap. Im gonna need something with a more towing capacity in the near future.

With your current rear suspension set-up what kind of load could you pull? Im aware MPGs will be tough but would it pull a ford exploder 4 wheels off for any real distance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven