*Rickashay's 04' Tundra* - A build of Compromises

shauniscndn

Adventurer
Id be in for next year just need the dates so I can sort out time off & make my truck is up to snuff.

Quick Side bar Addison, the dark blue double cab tacoma? What are the specs looks like running 285/75r16 ish tires???

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
Common dude I need pictures, you know I need to live vicariously through them since I didn't get my truck done in time.

Matt, we commented several times how we were choked you didnt end up getting your rig together in time... especially after all that hard work! Next year and many trips this winter!

I want in next year. Plenty of time for me to plan for it.

I need to put a vehicle cap on it next year. The mantra of this trip will always be "exploration" and that is simply hard to do with a group as large as this year. I will be doing some kind of registration next year to handle the enrollment facet of the trip, just not sure exactly how I want to do it yet. Date will be 3rd weekend in September for sure though, so pencil it in and keep your eyes peeled!

Id be in for next year just need the dates so I can sort out time off & make my truck is up to snuff.

Quick Side bar Addison, the dark blue double cab tacoma? What are the specs looks like running 285/75r16 ish tires???

Hey Shaun, as above...

That double cab is "Reeeno403" over on TW. Check his build out there.... he's on 35's with AP long travel up front.

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
I need to put a vehicle cap on it next year. The mantra of this trip will always be "exploration" and that is simply hard to do with a group as large as this year. I will be doing some kind of registration next year to handle the enrollment facet of the trip, just not sure exactly how I want to do it yet. Date will be 3rd weekend in September for sure though, so pencil it in and keep your eyes peeled!
Got it. Is it usually a 3 day 2 night?

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
Wanna add another white access cab on bronze F5s next year?

The trip photos look so good. I want to make a trip up north within the next year, it's really not that far from northern Wyoming.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Maybe I'll get my truck ready and make the trip up north to join you guys next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer
Looks awesome. Can't wait to see the epic landscape you shot. I've been curious which model Canon you shoot with.

Thanks! Lots of camera gear....

2x Canon 6D
Sony a6300 w/Metabones Canon adaptor
2x 24-105L IS f/4
16-35L f/2.8
Tokina 16-28 f/2.8
50mm f/1.8
DJI Inspire I Pro drone
DJI Osmo
Glidecam

Wow excellent start to the article!

Thank you!

Wanna add another white access cab on bronze F5s next year?

The trip photos look so good. I want to make a trip up north within the next year, it's really not that far from northern Wyoming.

Do it! and I wanna make a trip down to WY. Let's trade? lol

Maybe I'll get my truck ready and make the trip up north to join you guys next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jose that would be rad!

UPDATE****Part II of Colossal is now on the TMCo website here.****

Since getting home from Colossal... I had to do some serious polishing to get the truck ready for winter. Did a 2 stage cut and polish and a full interior detail. Removed the RTT and tucked Doug in the garage and out of the elements for winter. :)

IMG_8074.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

IMG_8070.jpg by Addison Rickaby, on Flickr

skywhitney

Squirrel
How are you liking the Deavers? I got a custom set from them at the end of August that have made a ton of difference for me. My set netted me a 4" lift (which is what was asked for).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rickashay

Explorer
How are you liking the Deavers? I got a custom set from them at the end of August that have made a ton of difference for me. My set netted me a 4" lift (which is what was asked for).

Still not running them! haha I put the stock pack + AAL back in place. The Deavers weren't getting me the lift height needed. This being a "prototype" pack i have not been too concerned though as that's all part of the game. My truck is the first Tundra with a shackle flip that they have done leaves for so there was some learning to be done. My personal experience with Deaver has been pretty good. We will be re-working the pack soon to give it some more lift and hopefully get the truck setup closer to how we predicted.

skywhitney

Squirrel
Still not running them! haha I put the stock pack + AAL back in place. The Deavers weren't getting me the lift height needed. This being a "prototype" pack i have not been too concerned though as that's all part of the game. My truck is the first Tundra with a shackle flip that they have done leaves for so there was some learning to be done. My personal experience with Deaver has been pretty good. We will be re-working the pack soon to give it some more lift and hopefully get the truck setup closer to how we predicted.
Gotcha. I'll be really interested to see how everything works out once you and Deaver get them dialed in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven