Rocinante

paulnb57

Observer
At the risk of being a party pooper, did you consider the damage the seat belt would have done to your little boy if you had to perform an emergency stop?, your weight pushing him into the seatbelt. While fun it could have ended in tears.......thank goodness it didn't......

Paul

rover4x4

Adventurer
At the risk of being a party pooper, did you consider the damage the seat belt would have done to your little boy if you had to perform an emergency stop?, your weight pushing him into the seatbelt. While fun it could have ended in tears.......thank goodness it didn't......

Paul

come on dude

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
I decided on my last trip that I will never run a dual cardan driveshaft again after seeing them fail on two friends' trucks despite their regular lubrication.
By "regular" I assume at a minimum of every 5,000 miles, but were they lubed correctly and did they have a greaseable CV head?

chris snell

Adventurer
Come on? It doesn't take much force to snap a toddler's neck. Even at that slow a speed many 100's of pounds of pressure (possibly exceeding 1000) isn't out of the question in a crash.

Wow.

Relax, Tom. This was in my quiet residential neighborhood at 7AM on a Saturday morning. The streets were empty. My wife, the chief arbiter on child safety in our house, approved.

The heart of the matter is that sometimes you have to take risks to give your kids an awesome childhood. I'd rather accept the minute risk of driving my son around the block on my lap than raise an unconfident pantywaist who never took risks as a child.

java

Expedition Leader
Great story. Where in WA are you, I want to say I spotted your truck recently. I dont remember where at but there cant be many ex MOD OD rovers around here.

chris snell

Adventurer
Great story. Where in WA are you, I want to say I spotted your truck recently. I dont remember where at but there cant be many ex MOD OD rovers around here.

I'm down in Tacoma. The 110 doesn't make it up to Seattle very often, although I have driven it up to Kent a few times.

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Wow.

Relax, Tom. This was in my quiet residential neighborhood at 7AM on a Saturday morning. The streets were empty. My wife, the chief arbiter on child safety in our house, approved.

The heart of the matter is that sometimes you have to take risks to give your kids an awesome childhood. I'd rather accept the minute risk of driving my son around the block on my lap than raise an unconfident pantywaist who never took risks as a child.
I'm not tense, no need to relax.
I wasn't commenting on the rightness or wrongness of the activity, I was merely pointing out to the naysayers that there actually is a risk, and likely a greater one than many realize.
I've taken plenty of risks with my kids, but never deny there's actually a risk.

I'm actually more interested in the DC propshaft topic.

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
I feel like some people on here missed out on a fun childhood... if I posted videos of the things he let me drive/operate apparently he'd be exiled.

Nice video Chris, your kid doesn't know how good he has it, yet!

rijosho

Adventurer
Is it still OK for Dad's to strap a line to the back of the truck and pull his kids around on sleds behind the truck in the snow? Because that was my childhood. Funny, I don't have any memories from sitting in my babyseat, but I can vividly remember the snow "sleigh" rides behind the old pick-up. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach