seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
37x12.5x17 Cooper ST Maxx and Method 105 beadlocks en route.

My coilovers, upper A arms, 35" tires/wheels, and rear leafs will be for sale in the spring.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Where did you find the Method 105's from? Last time I called they were looking at getting the new 6x5.5 blanks in a few weeks.... unless... your swapping axles, which it sounds like you may be :)

Either way, exciting news. I'd love to go 37;s, but the poor IFS/front diff would blow up just looking at them. As for a SAS, maybe someday.

Shadowkross

Read through your build thread in it's entirety, and it was fantastic. Great motivation for sure! Interested to see where you go from here, sounds like it's gonna be fun considering the suspension parts you're selling :)

seanpistol

Explorer
Solo 14" kit, 3.5" per side! Not sure what coilovers yet. This isn't a go fast setup.

Going to try to further cut the front fenders to avoid glass. We'll see how much I have to take out and how goofy it looks. Then fill holes in fenders and remove door molding, bondo, and paint it myself. Not white.

Swap 63" Chevys in the rear and relocate longer shocks.

I'm in the Middle East until the spring so I have time to get parts on deck.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
It's too bad you can't use the fox on LT. I wanna go LT as well but the width and fenders isn't what I want. Hope you can do it without glass. I don't mind the tires sticking past if you seen my tundra lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Solo 14" kit, 3.5" per side! Not sure what coilovers yet. This isn't a go fast setup.

Going to try to further cut the front fenders to avoid glass. We'll see how much I have to take out and how goofy it looks. Then fill holes in fenders and remove door molding, bondo, and paint it myself. Not white.

Swap 63" Chevys in the rear and relocate longer shocks.

I'm in the Middle East until the spring so I have time to get parts on deck.

if you cut the fenders a bit higher, you could probably get away with the old baseball bat and heat gun trick and try and roll the fender flares up a bit. I know on my limited, after I took the stock flares off, still has a bit of a lip to it, where your AC is pretty much straight down. If that does not work, you'll be going to glass anyways, so no harm trying.

Spending some of that tour pay eh? Have fun and stay safe.

I'd love to do LT, but just something about an 82~ inch wide rig that makes me cry inside. Same width as a Hummer H2.

seanpistol

Explorer
Lol sounds like a go FASTER setup than what you have.

Well you're not wrong!

Hope you can do it without glass. I don't mind the tires sticking past if you seen my tunda lol

You mean your 4runner? That's what I'm going for. Should be able to make it work. My undercover snorkel may need to go away if I have enough uptravel and I need to make a washer fluid res under the hood.

if you cut the fenders a bit higher, you could probably get away with the old baseball bat and heat gun trick and try and roll the fender flares up a bit. I know on my limited, after I took the stock flares off, still has a bit of a lip to it, where your AC is pretty much straight down. If that does not work, you'll be going to glass anyways, so no harm trying.

Spending some of that tour pay eh? Have fun and stay safe.

I'd love to do LT, but just something about an 82~ inch wide rig that makes me cry inside. Same width as a Hummer H2.

It will be wide, but only 2.5" wider per side that what I currently have. New wheels are 4.75" backspacing and will be 3.5" wider per side, current wheels are 4.5" backspacing with 1.25" spacers.

No fender flares here. And yeah, gotta have a little fun when the pay is tax-free!

Read through your build thread in it's entirety, and it was fantastic. Great motivation for sure! Interested to see where you go from here, sounds like it's gonna be fun considering the suspension parts you're selling :)

Thanks!

Long travel will fix my front end issues.

Seized alignment cam in passenger lower a-arm not allowing me to adjust caster further forward than 1.4 degrees positive.
Coilovers contacting brake lines.
Rubbing tires on the frame taper.

And, allow me to fit 37s with the tub!

I know a guy with our truck that for years has been wheeling harder than the rest of us with Camburg LT and 37s. He goes by Devinsixtyseven on TS. It makes it easier that I'm not doing anything new here.

I'm excited about the 63" Chevys as well.

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
If the timing is right in the spring I may have to call Dibs on some of the front suspension pieces! I'd love to go to 35s by next summer

I'm excited to see where this thing goes now!

Blender

Adventurer
Impressive plans! 37s are huge... holding up a tape measure was enough to scare me off.

Going for the fabricated spindle I assume? Any plans to swap the rear axle to match the width?

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Well you're not wrong!

You mean your 4runner? That's what I'm going for. Should be able to make it work. My undercover snorkel may need to go away if I have enough uptravel and I need to make a washer fluid res under the hood.

It will be wide, but only 2.5" wider per side that what I currently have. New wheels are 4.75" backspacing and will be 3.5" wider per side, current wheels are 4.5" backspacing with 1.25" spacers.

No fender flares here. And yeah, gotta have a little fun when the pay is tax-free!

Thanks!

Long travel will fix my front end issues.

Seized alignment cam in passenger lower a-arm not allowing me to adjust caster further forward than 1.4 degrees positive.
Coilovers contacting brake lines.
Rubbing tires on the frame taper.

And, allow me to fit 37s with the tub!

I know a guy with our truck that for years has been wheeling harder than the rest of us with Camburg LT and 37s. He goes by Devinsixtyseven on TS. It makes it easier that I'm not doing anything new here.

I'm excited about the 63" Chevys as well.

Yeah I meant my runner lol. Too much tundra talk. I think I know who you are talking about. He has a flatbed ish and full float rear I think. He actually has a build page here on expo but hasn't been updated in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL