seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
Alright, iphone photo dump- We left Salt Lake at 6:30 Friday and were aired down and on Hell's Revenge at 11. Camped up Kane Creek and hit Fins N Things Saturday before we headed back to Salt Lake.

My brother "bought his wife a 3rd gen 4runner" with Landcruiser suspension and an e-locker. He threw 33s on it and drove down from Spokane to play. My buddy Taylor came in his 14 Tacoma that he just put 33s on last Wednesday. Both of them did super well for their first time wheeling and the weather couldn't have been nicer. 65 for the high and sunny.

As soon as I got on the road home and hit 30 mph my truck started vibrating. At 50 mph it turned into violent shaking. I pulled over after a couple miles to try and figure it out - all I could see was some spatter on the rear axle from some grease out of the slip joint on the rear driveshaft. I started down the road for a bit longer wondering if it would go away, and it was unbearable. After running through in my head what it could be, I pulled over again and the splatter on the axle was much worse so I got my tools out to yank the driveshaft out. I noticed my carrier bearing had a couple inches of play in it as well. Drove home in "front wheel drove" at 80 mph with the rear driveshaft in the bed.

By the way- transfer case worked great. I tested shifting on the fly up to 60 mph and it works.

spazstic

Lives for the weekend
I like the Tcase swap and the Moab pics. Would love to make another trip out there. Was some of the best wheeling I've done.

seanpistol

Explorer
I picked one up for $75. It had a small dent in it but I "balanced" it by putting a small dent with a hammer on the opposite side and it has no vibrations whatsoever. Haha!

tyv12

Adventurer
So I had seen the write up on your cowl snorkel and I'm gonna have to do that same here when I tub for 35s, my only concern is being
In the snow here that the cowl gets filled with snow in a big
Dump and then the engine sucking in snow, seeing what your thoughts were

seanpistol

Explorer
Haven't had an issue with it! I have pulled the filter multiple times when very wet or snowy and I haven't found any moisture in the airbox. There is a pretty fine mesh under the plastic on the cowl, I don't think much gets through it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL