seanpistol's 01 Tundra

seanpistol

Explorer
Currently have a hole in my floor for the manual case, old case out and the manual case on my garage floor about to go in. :)

I'll throw up some photos tonight.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Interested in seeing this one. Gotta lose that nice center console now?

Early Sequoia has a top shift and same console. So he just needs the sequoia one with a boot.
448737b31e801eab14228626fd5243ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

seanpistol

Explorer
The Sequoia must have a different shifter because mine didn't line up in the center of the console like in the photo above. I thought about cutting and welding the shaft, but in the end decided to keep it as is and cut up the console around the shifter to retain a larger portion of the tray.

I have a ski goggle bag for a shifter boot. It's just sitting in there at the moment, but I'll make it permanent soon.

rickashay

Explorer
That's awesome! There's still some room there for a twin stick and retain some tray....just saying

I was just about to ask where the crawl box shifters were...lol

Nice moves Sean. Would you ever throw a manual trans in there? R154? I think the Tundra with a 5speed would be a blast!

trailscape

Explorer
The first Tundra I ever test drove was an early gen 1 V6, stick shift with supercharger. I recall it being an absolute blast to drive but I felt it was a bit overpriced at the time. I'm enjoying the simpler things these days so I like my automatic, camping out of the back of the truck and having a fridge everywhere I go.

Cletus26

Adventurer
If the sequoia is like my GX470 then it's all time AWD with Hi/Low transfer case which could be the difference in shifter placement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL