Sequoia lifted w/tires and wheels!

stom_m3

Observer
I was able to get my King 2.5 shocks in before my Mammoth trip. Big thanks to Brian Jowett @ Jowett Engineering and King for providing support for the Sequoia when no one else wanted to. The build quality was excellent. The shafts on these are insanely beefy. The shocks provided an extra 2.125" of droop to compensate for the lift. I no longer have a shock topping out issue and have better dampening for the heavier spring. Here are some pics of my new 2.5 shock;

Now that the shocks were in, time for some exploring around Inyo. Here are pics going up White Mountain Road to Patriarch Grove (home of the oldest trees).

The roads were all maintained which allowed us to cover lots of ground in a short amount of time.

Some great views overlooking the valley. That's my friends wife not mine. Love the pic though.

Patriarch Grove and the oldest trees. That's the misses and baby.

Exploring around Wyman Creek Rd.

Before heading down Silver Canyon Rd, they give you a small warning though not really necessary.

Some amazing views coming down from the summit. I highly recommend this trail. It drops about 5000' through switch backs and deep canyons. We had 10 smallish water crossings which added to the fun for the kids.

This is much steeper than it looks.

There were a lot of switch backs but the road was wide. Had no problems fitting the Sequoia's big butt.

Having fun with the water crossings.

Here we are on the Masonic Trail near Success Mine.

I like this pic taken at Chemung Mine. The clouds lit up the grove down below perfect.

And of course, we couldn't end the day without a water crossing. Here's me blasting through!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Last edited:

jim65wagon

I did enjoy the pictures.
Nice Sequoia.
I really like the "Underdog" builds and am glad to see anyone using a Sequoia or Tundra.

Sequoia is the best car for traveling with family! Powerfull, comfortable, spacy! Why nobody makes lift kits for Sequoa?
Here are some pics of my custom lifted '08 Sequoia.IMGP4655.JPGIMGP4656.JPGIMGP4701.JPGIMGP4708.JPGIMGP4544.JPGIMGP4554.JPGIMGP4558.JPG

I was able to get my King 2.5 shocks in before my Mammoth trip. Big thanks to Brian Jowett @ Jowett Engineering and King for providing support for the Sequoia when no one else wanted to. The build quality was excellent. The shafts on these are insanely beefy. The shocks provided an extra 2.125" of droop to compensate for the lift. I no longer have a shock topping out issue and have better dampening for the heavier spring. Here are some pics of my new 2.5 shock;

P1070201.jpg

Can you rate King shocks after one year running?

Thank you,
Andrey

stom_m3

Observer
Can you rate King shocks after one year running?

Thank you,
Andrey

Andrey - Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. Please post more if you got them. Would love to see views from the other half of the world. What all have you done to your Sequoia? Looks like you have some lift on it?

The King shocks work well and are fully rebuildable. I've had no issues with leaking or fading during any of my excursions. I was a little worried about the schraeder valve getting damaged by a rock but that hasn't been a problem. The shock is a basic nitrogen charged oil filled shock with adjustable shim stacks for rebound and compression. I believe my Icon front shocks are the same.

I just added Air Lift Airbags to the rear springs so I may add thicker washers to the rebound shim stack to get more dampening. I added the airbags because I wanted to be able to load level the Sequoia if I throw a motorcycle on the back. This is on top of the custom springs which I changed from 478 lbs/in (stock) to 540 lbs/in to handle a little extra load. Hope that helps.

Next up will be rock rails and skid plates. There's a guy that will do bolt on custom rock rails for a decent price. Unfortunately, once again no support from general aftermarket companies like slee or buds. I do like the idea of custom rock rails though because I still want to use them as a step. I'll post pics when I get them.

IMG_0552.jpg

stom_m3

Observer
It's been a while since I've posted any pics. I decided to change in up a little and show winter pics this time. Enjoy. I love the Toyo MT tires! These tires have never stranded me!

Blizzard and almost white out conditions in Tahoe.

The snow was super deep. So much fun. Look how my tires don't pack the snow in between the tread compared the Chevy next to me.

Waking up we had to clean the cars off. Mine was parked in the garage. :)

Another winter trip but this time Big Bear Lake. Sorry no cool action pics.

Last edited:

krnnerdboy

Adventurer
Interesting,The sequoia actually has more front end travel over the 200 since its based off the tundra. And With your setup, your probably pulling at least 11" of travel!

For your rear end, after extending the shocks, did you need move your bump stops?

stom_m3

Observer
Interesting,The sequoia actually has more front end travel over the 200 since its based off the tundra. And With your setup, your probably pulling at least 11" of travel!

For your rear end, after extending the shocks, did you need move your bump stops?

The Sequoia definitely benefits having the same front end as the Tundra.

As for the rear, I didn't have to move the bump stops. The working travel of the King shock encompasses that of the stock shock which is nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal