Sequoia lifted w/tires and wheels!

Willman

Nice new rig! I wife wanted one of those.

Sliders are a must! Those rims are a little bling for me. I would be afraid to scratch them.

Love the color too!

Oh and Welcome to the ExPo! ;)

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
not being a Toy guy, what year is this? Very nice Expo rig- although there is talk of lack luster quality on these- any validity? Really a tempting platform...

Memphislex

Observer
despise your bro wheels they belong on a 16 year olds pickup truck, but the truck in and of its self is fresh as hell. Love the new 5.7s they will up and move on the highway.

stom_m3

Observer
Back from Mammoth. The Sequoia did great! No problems. Granted we went over some fairly mild stuff. Here are some pics from the adventure;

Road into Bodie

Road to nowhere

Start of Laurel Lakes

Last edited:

chitown4x4

Can you fit 35's

I know that the front suspension is close, if not the same as the Tundra, I had a 3" spacer lift on the front and fit 35's with out rubbing, is the limiting factor of the sequoia the rear Independent suspension? Any reason not to go with 35's to get a bit more clearance?

DSC_0015.jpg

stom_m3

Observer
I know that the front suspension is close, if not the same as the Tundra, I had a 3" spacer lift on the front and fit 35's with out rubbing, is the limiting factor of the sequoia the rear Independent suspension? Any reason not to go with 35's to get a bit more clearance?

DSC_0015.jpg

I don't believe the rear has any limitations on tire size compared to the front. What I did want was a full size spare. The 275/70/18 was the largest that would fit under the Sequoia.

2000UZJ

SE Overlanding Society
dude.... ****** is your problem???

why must you live in SUCH a great looking part of the country? Thanks for sharing and your rig looks fabulous :smiley_drive:

tsarte

Hi Bobfab - I live in SD too. The two shops I've found to do Rock Sliders are Off Road Warehouse on Balboa (Talk to Junior) and SD Truck Shop (James). ORW was a little more expensive but I've seen both shops examples.

steven

Hey Steven! I've seen this truck in SD. Are you in bldg. AA?

Cheers

shellb

Adventurer
How are you liking your Sequoia? Have you made any additional changes? Also, post some more pics!! :elkgrin:

stom_m3

Observer
How are you liking your Sequoia? Have you made any additional changes? Also, post some more pics!! :elkgrin:

The Sequoia is doing great! It has been a little bit of a work in progress though. Long story short, my custom rear springs settled at 1 3/8" of lift. Not nearly enough lift since the front was lifted at 3 1/4". I had new rear springs made which gave me an additional inch of lift at 2 3/8" total lift. With the additional lift, I was starting to top out the stock shock. Ends up that I only had an additional 3/4" of down travel left in the stock shock. So I then started looking for someone who could make a new shock for me. Absolutely no one supported the Sequoia and no one seemed all that interested to add support for the Sequoia either. Well I finally found someone who was able to use a King 2 1/4" shock with specific upper and lower joints to fit my Sequoia. I'm hoping to get them next week. Which is good because I'm going to Mammoth that next week.

I'll post pictures of the custom rear setup and pictures of the trip in a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking. Next will be to tackle rock rails.

Oyaji_Jon

Observer
Did you talk to Glenn, at Radflo, about your shock conundrum? I had a positive experience with him on a project and know he does some pretty cool stuff with his shocks. Good luck with the Kings. I hope it works out!

shellb

Adventurer
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it is doing great. I hope rear setup works out as well!

I think I speak for the collective - we are certainly looking forward to the pics of the rig and trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal