Sequoia lifted w/tires and wheels!

4x4tripping

Adventurer
The Sequoia looks awesome!

I had to google for the Model - the Sequoia is not common (or available for buying) in Europe :ylsmoke:

How much fuel does the V8 needs for 100km, during driving Offroad?

I`m definitively jealous for each inch of inside space you have more - over the 200 ;-)

The last pictures are very similar to some areas in switzerland - a lot of snow ;-)

stom_m3

Observer
The Sequoia looks awesome!

I had to google for the Model - the Sequoia is not common (or available for buying) in Europe :ylsmoke:

How much fuel does the V8 needs for 100km, during driving Offroad?

I`m definitively jealous for each inch of inside space you have more - over the 200 ;-)

The last pictures are very similar to some areas in switzerland - a lot of snow ;-)

The Sequoia was built for the US market. It's also made here. I think there are a small number of them that get sent to the middle east as well. I wish the car was offered world wide as there would be significantly more aftermarket support for it.

The mileage will be similar to your 200 as they share the same 5.7l engine. The Sequoia is switchable 2wd/4wd so there may be a small gas savings on the open road. In general, I get an average of 11-12mpg (75% city) with the lift and tires. On the freeway, it's about 14mpg. Offroad the mileage doesn't vary much; possibly 1mpg less.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
(...)
The mileage will be similar to your 200 as they share the same 5.7l engine. The Sequoia is switchable 2wd/4wd so there may be a small gas savings on the open road. In general, I get an average of 11-12mpg (75% city) with the lift and tires. On the freeway, it's about 14mpg. Offroad the mileage doesn't vary much; possibly 1mpg less.

That values aren't that bad for a non diesel!

In Europe the 200 comes as 4.5L Twinturbo Diesel V8. Stock you can get in the city around 17.4mpg and 23mpg on the highway. But modding will kill this values..

The bigger mud-tyres, Frontbar and winch - eats additional 3l easily ;-)

We got a mix from 16.55l/100km = 14.2mpg during our transafrica (20`500km), with 33" mud terrain tyres and near 4to weight - roofrack and box. Just highway in marroco with a lot of radar pistol guys we had also seen 17.68mpg.

So maybe it is not bad - to keep the rig near stock - until the trips went more to extreme.

Sorry for mixing the map/km values inside of this posting - had used this calculator http://www.cactus2000.de/de/unit/massful.shtml

Last edited:

krnnerdboy

Adventurer
The Sequoia definitely benefits having the same front end as the Tundra.

As for the rear, I didn't have to move the bump stops. The working travel of the King shock encompasses that of the stock shock which is nice.

That's amazing! So your overall rear travel increased quite a bit. Here's the front end off of my 10 tundra... That setup would handle the dunes nearly as well as my total chaos long travel fjc
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363720178.316631.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363720190.233264.jpg

stom_m3

Observer
Rock Sliders and Winch

Well I'm finally getting around to it... 2 years later. I brought my Sequoia to the fab shop to get rock sliders and a winch. Here are some pics getting the sliders sized and angled appropriately.

Just finished welding the frame of the slider (2nd from left)

Figuring out location

This picture makes it apparent that I need skid plates for the gas tank...

The frame attachment points welded on

I requested that I wanted to have them bolted on vs welded. Don't know if I'll ever take them off but at least I have the option now.

Last edited:

TiFJ

Observer
It will be nice to have them removable if you ever want to repaint them... much easier off the truck! Looks great and I like that it's a unique platform.

stom_m3

Observer
Finished with the Sliders and Winch!

Here's the completed rock sliders and winch. I was going to get the sliders LineX'ed but it was too much. They wanted $275 for the LineX and $65 for sand blasting. I can buy a lot of spray paint for that. :)

I didn't think I was going to be able to fit a larger winch and it is a tight fit as is but I could have gotten the 9500lb winch to fit.

Next up will be the roof rack and custom mounting brackets. I want to be able to sink the rack lower than using the standard rack on rails setup.

Here are the pics of the install.

Last edited:

Metrocruiser

Yes it sure looks nice. Id love to see it lifted higher with 37s and a swing bumper on the rear. But Im assuming it may be a dd. Are you going to put an rtt up top?
Ive got an armada and ive contemplated using it as an expo rig but the platform seems to be built for a kids and grocery mover.

SmoothLC

Explorer
Nice! For some reason, wasn't thinking you were going to put the winch in the OEM bumper. But it does look very clean. That's for sure.

CYK

Adventurer
I love the pic of the kid taking a dump in the back seat. Lol

How are your cv angles up front?

Can't imagine the lack of aftermarket support as there aren't too many options for my 200 LC either since they release less than 1,300 of them per year in us - magnitudes fewer than the full size seq! What's funny is that even though both the seq and lc use 5.7s, the lc engines are like the rest of truck made in japan.

Thanks for sharing. Always good to see modded Toyota SUVs.

stom_m3

Observer
Yes it sure looks nice. Id love to see it lifted higher with 37s and a swing bumper on the rear. But Im assuming it may be a dd. Are you going to put an rtt up top?
Ive got an armada and ive contemplated using it as an expo rig but the platform seems to be built for a kids and grocery mover.

It is my dd so I wanted to keep it somewhat civil. As for the higher lift and 37's, I'm good with the 3" lift. I think it fits the truck well. And for the tire size, the 275/70/18 (33.6" for the Toyo MT's) was the largest I could fit in the stock spare tire well under the car. 37's would instantly put me into a swing bumper or something big and heavy on the roof. Also, I didn't have to do any cutting or worry about a tire mounting the frame. I'm happy with the 275/70/18 for now. I couldn't imagine how heavy 37's would be. I'm already sucking in the mpg department.. As for the rtt, I will be with the rest of the peons.. on the ground for now. :)

Nice! For some reason, wasn't thinking you were going to put the winch in the OEM bumper. But it does look very clean. That's for sure.

I may eventually do the armored bumper but I didn't want to hang that much weight over the front end. I may eventually go that route but next will be the rack.

Can't imagine the lack of aftermarket support as there aren't too many options for my 200 LC either since they release less than 1,300 of them per year in us - magnitudes fewer than the full size seq! What's funny is that even though both the seq and lc use 5.7s, the lc engines are like the rest of truck made in japan.

Thanks for sharing. Always good to see modded Toyota SUVs.

The angle of the front cv's are around 10 degrees. I'll have to measure it later and get back to you. I wonder if the Sequoia/Tundra and the LC share the same front diff. I know the Tundra uses a 10.5" in the rear vs the Sequoia 10". I would really like to get a locker for the rear but unfortunately no one makes one.

rtaylor

Observer
Can you provide more details on the mounting of the winch? Which mount, how is it attached to the frame, what modifications were needed to make it fit? Thanks.

Great build.

stom_m3

Observer

So I measured the front CV angles at 9 degrees. Doesn't seem too bad. See pic;

Can you provide more details on the mounting of the winch? Which mount, how is it attached to the frame, what modifications were needed to make it fit? Thanks.

Great build.

The winch mount was a complete custom job. Unfortunately, I didn't get pics before the bumper cover went back on. I will be taking the truck back in on Wednesday for some additional work done and the bumper cover has to come back off. I'll take more pics than.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3