Sequoia lifted w/tires and wheels!

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
I wonder if the Sequoia/Tundra and the LC share the same front diff. I know the Tundra uses a 10.5" in the rear vs the Sequoia 10". I would really like to get a locker for the rear but unfortunately no one makes one.

According to the ARB application guide, both the Tundra and The LC200 use the RD151 Locker. The rear is unique- too bad.

RangeBrover

Explorer
To the OP, you might want to consider a Front Runner Rack, their custom mounting options should allow you to mount one up on top of the Sequoia.

stom_m3

Observer
Can you provide more details on the mounting of the winch? Which mount, how is it attached to the frame, what modifications were needed to make it fit? Thanks.

Great build.

Here are some additional pictures of the winch mount. Some people were interested in seeing what was underneath the bumper cover.

Picture from the front prior to the extra support bar being welded in.

Closer view of the 2" tube support on the bottom and some of the gusseting.

Other side.

Pic showing how the winch is supported.

Here's the mount removed with the extra support bar welded in place. It's upside down because the paint was still drying.

The other side, mount still upside down.

Finished product

I also added a new mount for my GPS Motion X. I plan to put it in when I need it for exploring. The majority of the time the mount will be removed. Also, the arm is too long and moves too much while driving. I plan on drilling a couple of holes near the cup holder and cable tie the arm against the side.

View from the driver's seat.

Last edited:

MotoDave

Explorer
Glad you posted that, I was thinking of using the same mounting arm but had concerns about how much it would move around.

stom_m3

Observer
Glad you posted that, I was thinking of using the same mounting arm but had concerns about how much it would move around.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a goose neck. It's not. It's a solid 1/2" aluminum bar that you have to form. The forming is not difficult mind you. I used a small vise and pipe to bend it in the respective areas. The X-Grip seems to hold well. They use the same grip in the Expedition Overland Videos. I also have the cup holder mount and could remove my coin cup and mount a mount in there as well which I saw someone else do. I'll post pics of both once I have time to take pics.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Great thread! Just read the whole thing and got super excited about the 2013 sequoia Platnium we just bought for my wife. Ours has a ride height adjustment control in the cab and a suspension softness control as well? Have not done any reading on these or played with them yet, anyone out there have info on these gadgets.
Love the way your sequoia looks and performs! What size rims did you get? Ours has 20" on there stock and I am looking to put some good AT tires on and may want to change the rims.
Here is ours (hers lol)
image.jpgimage.jpg

stom_m3

Observer
Death Valley Trip

Here's a trip from May that I took with my boy to Death Valley. 300 miles of dirt, rock , ghost towns, and mines. Fun times.

Start of the trip with my boy.

The Sequoia and Expedition. I was jealous of his 35"ers. The extra clearance would have helped.

First stop reward mine. You can drive in the mine but I didn't. I would have had to take the wood off the rack and didn't feel like it. We walked most of it but we didn't go to the different levels which had ladders and ropes. It's a cool stop if you find yourself going to Mammoth. It's a quick detour that should only take about 1 1/2-2 hours total.

Another size perspective. The mine is huge and fun to explore.

The view from reward mine.

On our way up to Cerro Gordo Ghost Town. Decent climb from the valley floor.

Cerro Gordo Ghost Town. It was very chilly up here. I forgot what the elevation is but it's high and decently cold.

In talking with the care taker, he mentioned that the backside of Cerro Gordo was washed out but he saw a group of Tacoma's go through and they never came back out so he thought it was doable... Well washed out was an understatement. It took us about 5 hours to go 5 miles.

The rocks don't look that big until you realize that this is the Sequoia and it's huge.

Doh! A face slap moment. :facepalm:

Generally, rocks and plastic fuel tanks don't make for the best combination. Time to back it up and stack some rocks.

I stacked a few rocks under the back tire which allowed me to clear the break over on the gas tank.

Here's what you call between a rock and hard place. I was so glad I fit... Barely.

The pictures don't really show how large the rocks are or how difficult the trail was. It was just one huge rock boulder bed. It literally took us 5 hours to go 5 miles.
I was a little bit apprehensive because there's no turning back after starting the trail. In other words, once you start the trail you have to finish it. It would have been impossible to go back up hill to get out. The rocks were too big and the tires would have dug in and reduced clearance. I grew a lot of gray hairs from this...

Almost got to use my new rock rails though glad I didn't...

The new Land Cruisers come with a front camera. That sure would have come in handy.

Found a nice, but chilly, camp spot at the end of White Mountain Talc. Lots of mines around the area too.

This was a large vertical shaft that was blown up after they closed the mine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh