The Wrangler:
9F05-9-145-19.jpg

fender.jpg

Murfman

Observer
The RAM:
DSC02088.jpg

That my friend, is one wicked truck

no, i would definitely say its a ram bed, chevy beds are more squared off compared to that one which has a steady curve in the fender

Thanks I've put a lot of time in it. It is at the body shop now for paint. I can't wait to get it back on (and off) the road.

It is an aftermarket fiberglass stepside bed for the Dodge Ram. I found it in Mesa Arizona. Funny thing is it was originally designed to use the Chevy stepside tailgate. I remember seeing one back in 94 when the Rams just came out. It was a regular cab short bed pick it up like a little red express. I managed to catch the corner of the bed on my RAM on the tree in Attica. Wow looking for a replacement bed I stumbled upon it. AIM industries was selling it, they had about 8 of them left in 08.

Here is the bed before I hacked it up:
DSC01265.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

Last edited:

redneck44

Adventurer
Stock suspension, think I need to start looking for some longer shocks. This is completely unloaded though so very little chassis flex.
Cross linking the steering is more of a priority.

flexedit_zps0ca220da.jpg

flexedit3_zpsc94010ec-1.jpg

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Stock suspension, think I need to start looking for some longer shocks. This is completely unloaded though so very little chassis flex.
Cross linking the steering is more of a priority.

flexedit_zps0ca220da.jpg

flexedit3_zpsc94010ec-1.jpg

WHOA is that!? I didn’t know that Renault used a US Dodge van cab on some of their trucks. I just googled Renault 50 series and pulled up all kinds of neat pictures. That is neat! I want one!

redneck44

Adventurer
It was built by Reynolds Boughton, its called an RB44, they have their "issues" but nothing like the hysteria spouted on the net.
It used Dodge body parts and Dana Axles/ gearbox sourced through Renault (probably some backhanded deal to use U.S. parts on a Euro military vehicle)
Runs a Perkins Phaser engine.

08 FJ

Stock Suspension with 285/75R16's

7511226148_98eff4ef92_c.jpg

Full Droop (Rear)

7511229092_9a0b1466ab_c.jpg

Fully Stuffed (Rear)

I don't seem to have any pics of it fully flexed front and rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad