Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Pilgram,
I think it's just a trend (fashion thing) I know I hate the look of dirty white letters, and don't feel like cleaning them.
Interesting note, I was looking at a truck yesterday with BFGs and the white letters out when I noticed it said on the tire, Mount this side out (I wonder if BFG wants the advertising.... or if there is truly a design reason for the tire to mounted that way.

AlexJet

Explorer
I like WLO. It looks nice on most of the trucks. I'd agree its more fashion then usefulness. I don't mind to clean the tires, its easy. I do it every time I wash the truck.

MurphyBob

Observer
Here is my 2013 4runner trail. I am going to sell it or trade it for an LR4. I like the truck and it is loaded with everything a Toyota can have but I have a defender, disco II and just really like land rovers better. I know it's a great truck but my heart is just not into the build. It only has 4k miles on it. If you want to trade for an LR4 send me message.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 114

Wasatch

Observer
Pilgram,
I think it's just a trend (fashion thing) I know I hate the look of dirty white letters, and don't feel like cleaning them.
Interesting note, I was looking at a truck yesterday with BFGs and the white letters out when I noticed it said on the tire, Mount this side out (I wonder if BFG wants the advertising.... or if there is truly a design reason for the tire to mounted that way.

That's an interesting point. as long as the rotation arrow is correct, I don't know how it could be wrong to mount whitewalls in.

For me, it's just a personal preference. Looks clean.

4biker

Observer
On the elk hunt. Didn't see a single 4-legged creature. It was cold. My tires literally froze to the ground.

Here's an unfortunate soul who had to get winched back onto the road after a quick 70 vertical foot detour

ANDYROO

Adventurer
Sandstone Canyon - Anza Borrego DSP

IMG_0973.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg

Easy out and back from Fish Creek Wash to Sandstone Canyon. Wind caves cool to check out too. DSC00243.JPG

AKmoney

Observer
2004 4Runner

Here's my 2004 4Runner Sport Edition/4WD/V8. I've had it about a year and it's got a mild lift (FJ Cruiser springs + Bilstein 5100s). I replaced the tires with Goodyear Silent Armors although they're stock sized - I got them before I lifted it and I wish now I'd gone one size bigger! Thus far this rig has taken me and friends on numerous mountain bike trips both near and far and a few other places including Death Valley (Lippincott Pass was the highlight for this beginner). Looking forward to further exploration!

DSC01497.JPG

Jeffrey Patrick

Thought I post up a couple pics from our camping trip to Mono Hot Springs last week. New to this great site!

Attachments

• DSC_2261.jpg
    DSC_2261.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_2314.jpg
    DSC_2314.jpg
    586.7 KB · Views: 109

Jeffrey Patrick

Thanks for the compliment. Right you are, 4Runner wheels powder coated in a custom, satin black finish on BFG AT KO's 285 size tires. Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters sold me the OME lift and ARB bumper and snorkel. She is the perfect Expo rig for the wife and me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz