Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

subytoy

Observer
My truck

I've had this beast for 13 years. It has 188,000 miles and lots of mods. OME rear springs, Rancho torsion bars, Rancho shocks, TJM bullbar, Milemarker winch, Tercel bucket seats, air compressor, homemade rear bumper, bed rug, GE CB, Sony stereo w/6 speakers, Tuffy locking console, Stockland fiberglass topper,
Thule roof rack, Progressive wheels, Cooper Discoverer S/T tires 31-10.50r15,
Custom exhaust with Flowmaster muffler, Safari Snorkel, K&N air filter.

FlatlandTRD

Observer
Since I've lurked for a year now, here's mine...

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

3trdmarine

Taco Chaser- Thanks for the comment! I obviously originally built it for rock crawlin, but since I haven't done that in over a year I'm going to adjust my focus towards more adventure travel stuff. You have the "Taco Chaser" rear end don't you? How do you like it? It looks to be a really sweet idea!! I like it, but I have a 100# German Shepherd that needs to go with me as well, so it might not work out for me. Sweet truck of yours and hope to see more pics of it.

Josh

taco chaser

Supporting Sponsor
3trdmarine said:
Taco Chaser- Thanks for the comment! I obviously originally built it for rock crawlin, but since I haven't done that in over a year I'm going to adjust my focus towards more adventure travel stuff. You have the "Taco Chaser" rear end don't you? How do you like it? It looks to be a really sweet idea!! I like it, but I have a 100# German Shepherd that needs to go with me as well, so it might not work out for me. Sweet truck of yours and hope to see more pics of it.

Josh
Sounds like were both on the same path with merging expedition travel and rock crawling together and why not have a rig that can do it all. As for the bed, it definetly is purpose built and works great for that. Besides being equipt with all the same stuff as the trailer it is narrower and shorter and really improves your clearances. I have a pitbull named Otis that goes every where with me , he's about 75# and he sleeps up in the tent and loves to run the trails when it's possible, he's not as big but there's always the ext. cab or front seat. I've got a plan to put that trailer body on a trailer chassis and build a expedition bed out of tube but incorporate all the same goodies and have roll protection. Nice taco by the way.

wentz912

Observer
Mine:

Then:'84 SR5; 5-Speed; Standard Cab/Bed; 197k
resizetruck2.jpg

Middle:Same truck, shattier front bumper using the stock mounts
TruckBumper001.jpg

Now:Same truck, same shatty bumper, new paint. (ain't rattle can paint jobs great? touch ups are a breeze!)

stuck006.jpg

NicStump.jpg

Future mods:
Rebuilt front bumper based off of 2x4 rectangular tubing
Rear Bumper with 2x4 Channel iron
Crawler Cut the rear quarter panel.
Smallest mud flaps money can buy to make me legal.
Spare tire/hi-lift/spare fuel swing out carrier off of bumper.
LOTS of lockable in-bed storage containers
31x10.50 Truxs MT on 15" aluminums
M8000 by warn in at least one place.

Elvota

Observer
First post here. All these pics throughout the board make me want to pack up and head out on the road again. Guess that's what it's all about. :wings:

Expedition Mode:

Truck.02.jpg

Outside Escalante, UT:

UpperDeath.jpg

Trail mode:

TechB.jpg

Vertical trail mode:

Fall02Elvota04.jpg

Just dropped a 3.4 into the 4Runner so the longer trips will be much more enjoyable.

Although seeing all these nice Tacomas, it may be time to get a second vehicle and convert this 4Runner to full on trail.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Elvota said:
First post here. All these pics throughout the board make me want to pack up and head out on the road again. Guess that's what it's all about. :wings:

Expedition Mode:

Truck.02.jpg

Welcome to Expedition Portal.

Good looking rig. Look forward to seeing more of your adventures.

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Trail mode:

TechB.jpg

Who took that ugly pic!? (oh yah, I couldn't make that part of the trail... hehe!
Welcome to the light side Elvota! :gunt:

Elvota

Observer
Thanks for the compliments guys. Nice to find yet another online community with friendly folks and similiar interests.

heeltoe989

Explorer
Elvota said:

Expedition Mode:

Truck.02.jpg

Outside Escalante, UT:

UpperDeath.jpg

Trail mode:

TechB.jpg

Vertical trail mode:

Fall02Elvota04.jpg

Just dropped a 3.4 into the 4Runner so the longer trips will be much more enjoyable.

Although seeing all these nice Tacomas, it may be time to get a second vehicle and convert this 4Runner to full on trail.

Pretty killer Runner!

Love the vertical trail mode picture!

Elvota

Observer
heeltoe989 said:
Love the vertical trail mode picture!

Yeah... believe it or not the 4Runner actually went right up that waterfall with the winch tugging away. I was sure I was going to get hung up somewhere underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy