Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

Derek G

Observer
You did a bumper, rack and lights BEFORE a lift? That's very interesting. How do you use your rig? What kind of terrain?

It was not out of choice to do it in that order, but necessity. We hit an Elk north of Durango CO over Christmas so while the front end was damaged, I decided to put some of the insurance proceeds to towards the bumper. Then my wife adopted a 70 pound German Shepherd so after that, there was no room for our gear in the back of the truck for me, my wife and two daughters, hence roof rack next. We have a house in CO and travel up there about 8 to 10 times per year. Right now we primarily use it to get back and forth from CO and travel around the area. We do some light trail riding with the way it is set up now, I'm waiting for the suspension and air lockers to be installed before we really hit the trails, we've got some good ones in SW Colorado and we're not too far from MOAB. I'm going to use this rig mainly to get my wife and kids into the back country, doing some real camping. A.T. Horizon is the next big item on the list.

Derek G

Observer
those are all good reasons for the order in which you did things. Good thinking!

Luckily circumstance did the thinking for me so I didn't have to strain my brain too much. Unfortunately now I do have to think and prioritize things. OME suspension arrived today, now to find time to get it in the shop.

gmack192

learning everyday...
NEWB here...Came to this site to get some build ideas for a trailer...I went through every page on this thread. Some AWESOME Toyotas..

Here is my daily driver, 2011 Taco, nothing too special, but it is comfortable and some what capable. I DON'T wheel with it (much), but I believe it is better to have 4WD and not need it, than to need it and not have it..
stellanew.jpg

This is my trail truck and never ending project...83 Yota, 22r .40 over, 38mm Weber, header, head worked over. 5.29 gears w/ Aussie lockers..Superwinch 9500,12.5X36 Swampers on 10x15 steel wheels..Future upgrades..A cage, high steer & new springs.
TRUCK1.jpg

The truck is built for the local trails here in east TN..I would love to be able to go on some of the trails out west...Maybe some day...
a link to the build/rebuild
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54083.msg1046990#msg1046990

Great site and thank you all for allowing me a chance to check out your trucks & builds...
MEET YOU IN THE WOODS....Mack

azeyecap

NEWB here...Came to this site to get some build ideas for a trailer...I went through every page on this thread. Some AWESOME Toyotas..

Here is my daily driver, 2011 Taco, nothing too special, but it is comfortable and some what capable. I DON'T wheel with it (much), but I believe it is better to have 4WD and not need it, than to need it and not have it..
stellanew.jpg

This is my trail truck and never ending project...83 Yota, 22r .40 over, 38mm Weber, header, head worked over. 5.29 gears w/ Aussie lockers..Superwinch 9500,12.5X36 Swampers on 10x15 steel wheels..Future upgrades..A cage, high steer & new springs.
TRUCK1.jpg

The truck is built for the local trails here in east TN..I would love to be able to go on some of the trails out west...Maybe some day...
a link to the build/rebuild
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=54083.msg1046990#msg1046990

Great site and thank you all for allowing me a chance to check out your trucks & builds...
MEET YOU IN THE WOODS....Mack

Nice looking trucks you have there. I would love to have a trail rig like that. Whenever I do harder trails I'm always stressed about trail damage to my DD, an older,pure trail machine would be nice to have for close to home fun when I'm not our for days of camping and lots of trail miles.

gmack192

learning everyday...
Nice looking trucks you have there. I would love to have a trail rig like that. Whenever I do harder trails I'm always stressed about trail damage to my DD, an older,pure trail machine would be nice to have for close to home fun when I'm not our for days of camping and lots of trail miles.

Thank you...And the reason I have the trail truck is that.......Learned from the school of hard knocks...Nothing worse than tearing up your transportation to work....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal