Simple Shower

Geodoc

Adventurer
Just ordered mine! Can't wait to try it out! I take a whole brood of kids with me when I go camping, this will be perfect for cleaning up in the evening. Thank you for designing this!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Funny story - my kids were climbing a local mountain and ran into some friends. Not sure how they got on the topic but the friends were telling my kids about using a Simple Shower to clean their bikes. My kids told the friends that their dad was the inventor and the response was "no way". Wish I could have been there :) (I was a speaker at a Boy Scout Eagle Court of Honor today - quite happy for the young lad and his parents).

Kelly Campbell

Your simple shower idea sounds good. For some people though, especially the types who’d like to take their showers leisurely, it may take more than 2 2-liter bottles of water to feel they’ve showered.

texasnielsen

Outdoorsman
Just ordered via Amazon. Great idea. Good luck with the business . . . (Wish I saw this post a week ago - heading out to the LoneStar Jamboree in an hour or so and could have used it this weekend!)

Geodoc

Adventurer
Your simple shower idea sounds good. For some people though, especially the types who’d like to take their showers leisurely, it may take more than 2 2-liter bottles of water to feel they’ve showered.
This is true :iagree: In that case, might as well get 4 or 6 Simple Showers and keep that many two liter bottles handy for a longer shower (that way I also make more $ and have the ability to pay my kid's media institute's tuition next year:coffeedrink:).

Geodoc

Adventurer
Just ordered via Amazon. Great idea. Good luck with the business . . . (Wish I saw this post a week ago - heading out to the LoneStar Jamboree in an hour or so and could have used it this weekend!)
Thanks texasnielsen. Maybe some of the vendors at the LoneStar Jamboree might be interested in carrying it?

Jr_Explorer

Explorer
I take long showers at home. I just like to almost meditate in the shower and on cold days nothing heats my chilled bones better than a HIT shower (which I know is HORRIBLY inefficient and wasteful although I do have a valve on the shower head and run the water at probably 1/4 gpm when I'm standing there).

But when camping one CAN get clean and feel remarkably refreshed with just a single cup of water and a no rinse soap. A little 1-2 liter rinse is darn right decadent. I can't wait to try ours.

Your simple shower idea sounds good. For some people though, especially the types who'd like to take their showers leisurely, it may take more than 2 2-liter bottles of water to feel they've showered.

Geodoc

Adventurer
Just got an e-mail yesterday that the Simple Shower also fits on Rum Runner flasks (http://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/). Not sure if that's the case, but I'll be ordering one to try them out. The flasks, the largest of which is about 1 liter, are about half the price of the Platypus collapsible bottles.

Jr. Explorer, how did it work out for you?

Ultralite

Adventurer
Ordered mine via Amazon and tried it at home tonight. Works great! I used a 1 liter bottle and heated the water in the microwave to suit.
For me, 1 liter was enough to get hair wet, shampoo, then completely rinse the shampoo out. My hair is 1-2 inches in length on top and thick.
I had enough water left over to "hit the highlights". The straw attachment allows you to apply water pressure upward to places like armpits.
I recommend a 1 liter bottle size as it is easy to hold with one hand, especially when your hands will be soapy. I guess a 2 liter bottle with some contour to it would be easily gripped as well. I'm going to try that next.
Can anyone confirm the "rum runner" compatibility? I think the regular 1&2 liter bottles from the grocery store will wear out quick and likely crack.

Geodoc

Adventurer
The best way to hold on to a two liter bottle is to turn your hand upside down and grab the bottle by the neck (sounds counter-intuitive, but it works). That way, when you hold it upright, the water flows down your arm and the side of your body (saves water, and does a great job). I've done this with soapy hands, but I recommend rinsing the hands off first :smiley_drive:

Geodoc

Adventurer
As an FYI, I'll be at the Northwest Overland Rally at the end June, so please be sure to stop by my booth. :wings:

CSG

Explorer
I've poked holes in a water bottle cap before but this simple idea looks like it will work better. Just ordered one to try. Frankly, I've never enjoyed the whole solar shower thing. This might be a great way to keep hair and privates clean.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Shouldn't you have a video on this product uploaded to YouTube?

Yeah I couldn't figure out how it worked so I was hoping for an assembly and demonstration video. When I couldn't find one, I took the bold step of ordering the simple shower anyway. I know, I'm a daredevil. :p

Ordered.

If I like it (and can't imagine why I wouldn't for the price) I'll start a thread in the respective camping sections of each Astro van forum.

Hope to get it this week so I can use it at the big NOrthWestOverland central meet and greet camp out this weekend.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy