site for AEV equipped vehicles

haven

Expedition Leader
Take a look at this web site to see AEV products on their customers' Jeeps.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/americanexpeditionvehicles/

Here are AEV's highline fenders and a 3.5 inch lift with 37" tires

1331287258_de3c9038bf.jpg

Willman

cshontz said:
Good find, Chip! We're in the process of building a Brute at work.

1373037232_bed452dee6_b.jpg

Looks like a great job!!!!

Is this project just for fun or is this what you really do for work???

Section 8

Observer
Well...maybe, maybe not. Either way, what severly turns me off (while I quickly browsed their site) is that they are selling their project vehicle, describing it as having never been takin offroad, while it is parked on a few large boulders. While that is kind of gimicky, and people do that all the time for shows, what really sticks in my craw is that they are selling the rig as having never been off road, yet through out the site you see the damn thing in the woods.

They are either lying about having taken it offroad, or are full of it, trying to protray their garage queen as an offroad vehicle by photoshopping it in offroad situations.

AEV at least claims to build offroad vehicles, and pictures them offroad. Then pictures their customers vehicles offroad. When thier vehicles end up at shows, they are usually littered with stickers advertizing equipment from some trip to some out of the way place few people ever though of driving a new vehicle to.

Say what you do and do what you say. Its an easy concept. Perhaps they advertize in your magazine, or you are typing this from 1434 Hartnell Ave?

As an end note: Owner owned rigs?

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
cshontz said:
Good find, Chip! We're in the process of building a Brute at work.

1373037232_bed452dee6_b.jpg

You gonna bring that Brute to the next Expo East. I'd really like to steal... i mean see it. By all the Jeep gods hold holy, I'd love to have one of those.

ox4mag

Explorer
Section 8 said:
Well...maybe, maybe not. Either way, what severly turns me off (while I quickly browsed their site) is that they are selling their project vehicle, describing it as having never been takin offroad, while it is parked on a few large boulders. While that is kind of gimicky, and people do that all the time for shows, what really sticks in my craw is that they are selling the rig as having never been off road, yet through out the site you see the damn thing in the woods.

They are either lying about having taken it offroad, or are full of it, trying to protray their garage queen as an offroad vehicle by photoshopping it in offroad situations.

AEV at least claims to build offroad vehicles, and pictures them offroad. Then pictures their customers vehicles offroad. When thier vehicles end up at shows, they are usually littered with stickers advertizing equipment from some trip to some out of the way place few people ever though of driving a new vehicle to.

Say what you do and do what you say. Its an easy concept. Perhaps they advertize in your magazine, or you are typing this from 1434 Hartnell Ave?

As an end note: Owner owned rigs?

Of course they advertise with us; however, my statement wasn't made because of an advertising relationship but rather what I perceive as being a high quality product. As far as selling their project vehicle, etc you'd have to talk to Dixie (the owner of Summit Unlimited) directly about that.

Overall, I find both of these companies (AEV and Summit Unlimited) to have unique and exciting off-highway vehicle options that excite me as a Jeep enthusiast. If that weren't the case, we wouldn't have featured AEV's Iceland Expedition Commander and Wrangler vehicles as our cover story in the first issue of JPFreek.

Section 8

Observer
JPFreek1 said:
If that weren't the case, we wouldn't have featured AEV's Iceland Expedition Commander and Wrangler vehicles as our cover story in the first issue of JPFreek.

OHHHHHH!!! So is that when you determined AEV to be of inferior quality?

JPFreek1 said:
If y'all like the Brute, you should check out the offerings from Summit Unlimited. Their rigs are just as cool and the quality blows AEV out the door!

Or don't they advertise anymore in your magazine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__

Members online