Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
We had a meet and greet today are Redondo Beach, rainey and cold when we got there, but shortly after it quit and turned into a okay day. Got the AC and heater in and it worked perfectly, a good day to have the heater. For a tear drop it is way more than enough. Toasty would be the word. Will try to clean the pig up tomorrow and get some pics.

STREGA

Explorer
Bob, Hope the knee ops. go well for you, looking forward to seeing you (and trailer) after CM for pre summit trail planing with Ace. Doug.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks Doug, I am sure it will all be fine in a week or two. Going to be a lot of pain I guess, but it has to be better than living with it he rest of my life.

Went out to play today, took some pictures but still can not get them to post. I forwarded them to a bunch of people, maybe one can post them. DuH!!!!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Okay, the day is here, headed to Redlands, check in at 515am. Surgery at 7am, back to room by noon, up and walking by 1pm. Talk to you guys by the end of the week. Have fun, and keep on buildin!!

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Everything went well, home already. Still hurts,but you erxpect that. some nasty scars for sure!!!!!

Hoping to make it to the teardrop run in Perris, will see how I feel Friday.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
On the bivoacbuddy, great idea, but I have a shower in the side of the trailer. BPS sells a popup tent system for showers and potty. I think that is the way I am going, but will research your idea farther.

HondoK9 you have mail.

Michael thank you for your efforts and time, I truly appreciate it.

As some of you know I have refused to take orders on the trailer, the reason is that I am having total knee replacement on both knees next Monday morning. Kinda of big dea I guess. Before taking any orders I want to be healed and able to do what I promise. Thanking those that have wanted to order the trailer, and the patience they have given me. My guess is I will be down a month, before the Doc releases me. on.
In off road style don't forget the keep the old knees for spares........:coffeedrink:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
No unfortunately they do not allow that. These babies are all state of the art Teflon and Titainium. When they need replaced you just get a new piece of Teflon, very quick deal I guess. The Doc says it will last a normal person 15-20 but figures 8-10 on me. I can tell you for sure that the pain is regular, as I am up with it now. But just a little walking seems to settle them down and I can go back to sleep. Still a lot of drugs, but they basically cut off your legs at the knees and remove 6 inches of old worn out bone, slap the new ones in with a hack saw, hammer and screw driver. Nothing lazor about this deal for sure. I have good motion with them now so within a week I should be fine with very little pain. Right now I can not say it has been the smartest thing I have ever done, but most likely will in a few days. Right this second they do not hurt a bit and I just walked about 50 yards.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
I spent yesterday on my feet, got sore for sure, but I think I can make it ou there for awhile. Will try to get some pictures. Thanks Pikeman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh