Skersfan's New Shuttle Pod Trailer Build...

Hondok9

Send It!
Wow!

Sir you have really hit the perverbial nail on the head with this trailer! I just read everyword of 32 pages of this thread and I must say that I am throughly impressed! I just checked out the website and I am a little curious as to the sentence at the bottom of the "Models" page. What exactly is the "Rock Pod"? I have an idea but I may be wrong. Is there any chance you could hitch the trailer up to a Jeep TJ? I would love to see the size comparison as that is what I'll be towing it with. Can the trailer be ordered without the kitchen in the back? I like to do all the cooking on the campfire anyway and it would just be wasted space for me. I would like the option to put the bed on a platform to utilize the space underneath to store rifle cases and the area where the kitchen would be for things like steel target stands, maybe some firewood, ammo and such. I'm just down the road in San Diego and I would very much like to come up and take a look at it but unfortunately I have to go to El Paso for the next three months for work but maybe in July. I have some ideas for options that we could discuss then. Thank you and Keep Kickin' Butt! I will be following this thread as well as the wesite while I'm gone.

Cody

You can have Cheap, and you can have Quality, but you can't have Both!:coffeedrink:

Pikeman

Adventurer
Bob,
I am still working on the video from TDS of you taking it over the obstacle course. I will post here and send to you when done.

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
On the bivoacbuddy, great idea, but I have a shower in the side of the trailer. BPS sells a popup tent system for showers and potty. I think that is the way I am going, but will research your idea farther.

HondoK9 you have mail.

Michael thank you for your efforts and time, I truly appreciate it.

As some of you know I have refused to take orders on the trailer, the reason is that I am having total knee replacement on both knees next Monday morning. Kinda of big dea I guess. Before taking any orders I want to be healed and able to do what I promise. Thanking those that have wanted to order the trailer, and the patience they have given me. My guess is I will be down a month, before the Doc releases me. At that time I will give my company notice that I will work for another month, training a replacement, and then full time into Aspen Trails Xpedtion trailers. I will be building both Box trailers and the Base camp Tear drops. My goal at this time is to build one or two a month, hands on, no assembly line, love of the product and loyalty to the future owner. I am working with an investor, a manufacturer which may change my plans. But I am sticking to my goal of being the best off road Tear Drop on the market. I have tough competition, two very good companies with great buisness plans. But by setting goals high, and if lived up to, you the customer benefits. I am looking foward to the challenges starting soon.

Last edited:

skibum315

Explorer
This is good news for those of us who are interested in the trailer ... thanks for keeping us updated, Bob; and best of luck with your surgeries, we'll be keeping a good thought!

-Jonathan

Dirtytires

Explorer
I hope your knees recover quickly. You will be up and ready before you know it. Keep you in my thougths and prayers.

Craig

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks guys. I am looking forward to wheeling with all of you in the future. This getting old sucks and for those that tell you to run every day, it is a load of dodo. Used to 50 miles a week and did so for many years, Dr said that is the reason the knees are toast. Took up mountain biking because it hurt so much to run, have been doing that for about 20 years now. Looking forward to walking with out pain.

Get to go to a meet and greet in Redondo Beach Saturday with the trailer, set up a display and so forth, then down to San Diego to run Bronco Peak, not taking the trailer this time, as Hawk feels it would hold everyone up. Maybe next time we will see.

I will try to stay active on the board while in the hospital, watching all you kids build your neat trailers, land Rock if you want you could send the blessers over before surgery, that would be motivation for sure!!!!!

Again thanks guys, I really appreciate your concern.

rockman

Adventurer
Thanks guys. I am looking forward to wheeling with all of you in the future. This getting old sucks and for those that tell you to run every day, it is a load of dodo. Used to 50 miles a week and did so for many years, Dr said that is the reason the knees are toast. Took up mountain biking because it hurt so much to run, have been doing that for about 20 years now. Looking forward to walking with out pain.

Get to go to a meet and greet in Redondo Beach Saturday with the trailer, set up a display and so forth, then down to San Diego to run Bronco Peak, not taking the trailer this time, as Hawk feels it would hold everyone up. Maybe next time we will see.

I will try to stay active on the board while in the hospital, watching all you kids build your neat trailers, land Rock if you want you could send the blessers over before surgery, that would be motivation for sure!!!!!

Again thanks guys, I really appreciate your concern.

Sorry Bob ... your age and all .
Those blessed angels would probably push you over the edge .

Cheers Jim

skibum315

Explorer
Hey Bob, is that M&G in Redondo the oausa.net one at Ruby's Diner? If it is, and you happen to run into Steven from Rugged Rocks (big white SAS'd WD21 Pathfinder) say 'Hey' for me.

-Jonathan

ZR2nit

Adventurer
As some of you know I have refused to take orders on the trailer, the reason is that I am having total knee replacement on both knees next Monday morning. Kinda of big dea I guess. Before taking any orders I want to be healed and able to do what I promise. Thanking those that have wanted to order the trailer, and the patience they have given me. My guess is I will be down a month, before the Doc releases me. At that time I will give my company notice that I will work for another month, training a replacement, and then full time into Aspen Trails Xpedtion trailers. I will be building both Box trailers and the Base camp Tear drops. My goal at this time is to build one or two a month, hands on, no assembly line, love of the product and loyalty to the future owner. I am working with an investor, a manufacturer which may change my plans. But I am sticking to my goal of being the best off road Tear Drop on the market. I have tough competition, two very good companies with great buisness plans. But by setting goals high, and if lived up to, you the customer benefits. I am looking foward to the challenges starting soon.

WoW..good for you for being able to quit a job and persue a potential dream job. I'm only 27 but I hope there is a day when I too can quit and find my dream job. Speedy recovery on the replacements of both knees. Rest well and hurry back to the forum.

BTW Bob I was curious as to what the fellow meant by the "rock pod" on your website. So I tired to find your website address and could not for the life of me find it on a Google search could you email your website to me please.

zr2nit@gmail.com

Thanks and take care

Last edited:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
web site is www.aspenxtrails.com

We are still working on the Website, will have time next week is my guess. The Rock Pod will be a completely bare trailer, other than water tanks, and brackets for them. You build the trailer the way you want it.

Just recieved my AC and heat strip for the trailer, will work on it this afternoon and see if I can get it working for the Meet and greet in Redondo Beach. Will not need it, is my guess as it is supposed to be raining all weekend. Will get pics if possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal