Snorkel Wars

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
newfjscubasnorkel9.JPG

I'd love to get a Sy-Klone, but they're priced out of my budget at this time :eek:

I suspect you added that picture as a clue to the source but I can't seem to locate it on that website. I cry "uncle" - help please?

overlander

Expedition Leader
I would like to announce that Hurricane Sandy has officially declared "pro-snorkel" the winner of the snorkel wars.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
I was watching the newscast and they were showing a lady in Honda CRV driving down the road, headlight deep in water. Wonder how far she got before hearing funny sounds from the engine.

toymaster

Explorer
^^^^^ reminds me every thing is expo "fluff" till you actually need it. One day I may dd an econobox but I will always have a capable Vic in my stable.

Glenn C

Observer
Although no one makes a snorkel for my Outback, Safari was nice enough to work with me to find the closest fit.

Do I need it? Probably not. Does it provide a nice high location for cold air intake, contribute to the start of many amiable conversations, and allow me to cross a few streams in VT and CA that I otherwise might have chosen to drive the long way around? Abso-freakin-lutley! :D

As anyone can tell, my little Superu is a lesson in functional overkill. It does everything I ask of it and I smile every time I walk up to it! Isn't that what it's all about? :smiley_drive:

Horseneck1.jpg

And once that lift kit gets here from AU..... whoooaaaa baby!

P9303521.JPG

The Superu

ok that is possibly the most coolest thing ive ever seen I love it , the light bar is class an snorkel looks brilliant congrats ,

on story of a snorkel id rather have it an not need it than need it an not have it in the last few years there has been a serious amount of flooding in my city so will be gettin one for the pajero cool thread though

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I've debated with myself immensely about a snorkel. However my situation is slightly different, living and working on a dusty farm and ranch in eastern oregon during harvest there have been times when i have to clean or replace my filter WEEKLY due to the dusty farm conditions. I agree most people dont waterproof things. Most tractors we use have snorkels with a cyclone type head on them and they are all for dust and work well. Just an opinion and a thought...

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I've debated with myself immensely about a snorkel. However my situation is slightly different, living and working on a dusty farm and ranch in eastern oregon during harvest there have been times when i have to clean or replace my filter WEEKLY due to the dusty farm conditions. I agree most people dont waterproof things. Most tractors we use have snorkels with a cyclone type head on them and they are all for dust and work well. Just an opinion and a thought...

Yep! Everyone thinks water but no dust at engine height sucks.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

crazyeyez

Crazy EyeZ
I was watching the newscast and they were showing a lady in Honda CRV driving down the road, headlight deep in water. Wonder how far she got before hearing funny sounds from the engine.

that reminds me of the newscast on the Nashville flood, back in 2010. camera guy was set up on a tripod and this BMW came driving by then went and drove thru a flooded street. needless to say, bmw did get far. camera shows the camera man walking over to help push the bmw to dry land... stupid cars....

but anyway, i'm more por-snorkle, and found one for my truck for under 200. do i need one? no. but it would look bad *** on my truck, imo. also, the cooler air would be nice and would be then varified using my UltraGuage or HPTuners.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
meh... that population which believes snorkels are unecessary and vocalize it to extreme also believe the world is flat and douse their hot dogs in catsup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad