Snow Peak Addiction

briferg

Observer
was it the brown canvas or the greyish nylon type one ?
I have both but only the canvas came with the extra bags :)

I will look when I get to my storage, I honestly can't remember. It looked like the one in the website photo. Just looked at the website that one is grey.

DonTom

Well, my trip to Japan is getting closer, will be on the plane this time next week. Am having to keep my plans reasonably modest: will probably get a 4 unit IGT, the super powerful wok burner, the single BBQ, and a few accessories. Have just noticed on the Japanese website some new stuff for 2016, some of which is getting released this month. (Hint: if you open the Japanese page in google Chrome, it can auto translate for you).
I like the look of the "Little Lamp Nocturne, the "Stainless box hanger half unit" and also the adjustable length IGT legs. Tried to post links here, but I need some new skills or permissions for that it seems!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Can't wait for camping season here in Qatar when I get back!

Honu

lost on the mainland
wow was just at the Japan site a few days ago :)
jealous of your Japan trip :) check out the Uniflame stuff for sure some of the things like the stainless top small side table they have is cool
here is that link
https://store.snowpeak.co.jp/sp/2016/

the hanger shelf with the box is really cool :) much again like that other guy made first ;)
17006_switch1.jpg

about time for the adjustable legs :)
to bad they are only one step ?
the ones I made go 3 steps taller and might be more sturdy will be curious how solid the snap leg is :)
could make mine not go as short and a bit taller which I am thinking of making a taller set :)
plus mine are awesome for un even ground

mine
legs_03.jpg

compared to theirs
0a90931325724d0a90c140413a775eb5.jpg

been switching to soft bags for a lot of my gear actually there bags look kinda cool with the see through top
https://store.snowpeak.co.jp/page/470

the BBQ rod is funny can see my kids getting a kick out of that
f7c07404cd2e4e30bc40135a27730b85.jpg

interesting the coolers are made by Grizzly
d33f8127b2044ae69c508585678abec5.jpg

do like the lamp also DonTom
18758_switch2.jpg

these look pretty cool I like how they can be setup dif ways :)
https://store.snowpeak.co.jp/page/479

but the biggest of all being a hammock guy is the hammock like tent :) but freaking ridiculous price at about $1300 converted
f1f114ae99bb4d00a00117610d0a6f1b.jpg

Last edited:

jerdog53

Explorer
Boy that lamp is dead sexy!!

18758_switch1.jpg

So I have the Field Kitchen Table

ck-012t-1_grande.jpeg

I would like to add the regular IGT bamboo table to one end or side
ck-116t-1_1024x1024.jpeg

with these new adjustable legs

legs_03.jpg

You Snow Peak experts think that will work?

Thinking I will have to drill some holes in the Bamboo top and reinforce with some metal but shouldn't be a big deal. Maybe take the metal leg brackets off the IGT and move to the Field Table and trim the end of the IGT to clean it up.

Honu

lost on the mainland
those are my adjustable though :) not the SP ones :)
but you could make these pretty easy

yup you would have to have something on the end somehow :)

JamesC

Adventurer
I'm sick of cobbling things together and quality is hard to find. Just set out to order a couple of things. I can't believe the negative influence all of you have had :victory:

I'm white but grew up in international school in Asia and have a strong preference for that design language. I camped a lot in Asia and am used to the style of organization and assembly that SP exemplifies. We've backpacked with SP gear for more than 20 years now but need a kitchen when truck camping. It started simply enough at campsaver..

Pile Driver snp00204
Pack & Carry Fireplace - Large (ST-032R)
Pack & Carry Fireplace Carry Case - L (ST-032BR)
Pack & Carry Fireplace Grill Net - L (ST-032MA)
Pack & Carry Fireplace Base Plate - L (ST-032BP)

Then I came here to read some reviews on a couple of other things. Suddenly en route:

IGT 3 unit frame
660 legs x 6
Bamboo side table regular
Bamboo one unit insert
BBQ Box
Baja li single burner
BBQ tongs
Silicone rocks glasses
side hanger rail
Chopping Board set L
IGT Canvas bag
Hozuki
Canvas utility bag S for the baja
Gworks lpg>lindel adapter

All that - I THEN got into a huge argument with my wife over if we needed the dutch oven or not that is in stock at backcountry. She said her threshold was 180..which is what, a 0 added to most of our lodge gear LOLOLOL. I think we are compromising on a new potjie instead but I'm SURE that SP DO is awesome :Wow1:

Paypal sent for grill riser

Email sent for DYMs straps

I'm looking forward to our favourite camp gear, the skottle, integrating into our SP set :) I'm SERIOUSLY considering the tripod for our existing DO. Is anyone using the tripod?

Looking forward to cleaning up this mess

i-2Bmx4kH-X3.jpg

briferg

Observer
Boy that lamp is dead sexy!!

18758_switch1.jpg

So I have the Field Kitchen Table

ck-012t-1_grande.jpeg

I would like to add the regular IGT bamboo table to one end or side
ck-116t-1_1024x1024.jpeg

with these new adjustable legs

legs_03.jpg

You Snow Peak experts think that will work?

Thinking I will have to drill some holes in the Bamboo top and reinforce with some metal but shouldn't be a big deal. Maybe take the metal leg brackets off the IGT and move to the Field Table and trim the end of the IGT to clean it up.

If the top of the adjustable legs are the SP original why would you need to drill holes? It looks like you are just modifying the legs.
I am probably missing something.I have many tripod legs and light stands from years of production so I get the adjustable aspect.

Okay I just looked again at your post.
If you are trying to attach a IGT piece to something that is a non IGT part, maybe go with something that clamps on to the table and gives you the holes? Rather than drill?

Last edited:

Lennart

Adventurer
Welcome!
You are amongst friends here JamesC 😊

I'm sick of cobbling things together and quality is hard to find. Just set out to order a couple of things. I can't believe the negative influence all of you have had :victory:

I'm white but grew up in international school in Asia and have a strong preference for that design language. I camped a lot in Asia and am used to the style of organization and assembly that SP exemplifies. We've backpacked with SP gear for more than 20 years now but need a kitchen when truck camping. It started simply enough at campsaver..

Pile Driver snp00204
Pack & Carry Fireplace - Large (ST-032R)
Pack & Carry Fireplace Carry Case - L (ST-032BR)
Pack & Carry Fireplace Grill Net - L (ST-032MA)
Pack & Carry Fireplace Base Plate - L (ST-032BP)

Then I came here to read some reviews on a couple of other things. Suddenly en route:

IGT 3 unit frame
660 legs x 6
Bamboo side table regular
Bamboo one unit insert
BBQ Box
Baja li single burner
BBQ tongs
Silicone rocks glasses
side hanger rail
Chopping Board set L
IGT Canvas bag
Hozuki
Canvas utility bag S for the baja
Gworks lpg>lindel adapter

All that - I THEN got into a huge argument with my wife over if we needed the dutch oven or not that is in stock at backcountry. She said her threshold was 180..which is what, a 0 added to most of our lodge gear LOLOLOL. I think we are compromising on a new potjie instead but I'm SURE that SP DO is awesome :Wow1:

Paypal sent for grill riser

Email sent for DYMs straps

I'm looking forward to our favourite camp gear, the skottle, integrating into our SP set :) I'm SERIOUSLY considering the tripod for our existing DO. Is anyone using the tripod?

Looking forward to cleaning up this mess

i-2Bmx4kH-X3.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
the snow peak factory adjust are the ones with the holes :) I did not drill those

mine are the adjustable tripod leg conversion ones from bogen tripods
the pic I just show various lengths I have again depending on my setup and wish they had originally had adjustable :)
I do like the variable though for un even ground or what I feel like etc...

I will be curious how stable the actual SP ones are going to be with a hole since it cant clamp down I wonder if there will be a touch of wobble or not :)

hope that makes more sense :)

If the top of the adjustable legs are the SP original why would you need to drill holes? It looks like you are just modifying the legs.
I am probably missing something.I have many tripod legs and light stands from years of production so I get the adjustable aspect.

If you are trying to attach a IGT piece to something that is a non IGT part, maybe go with something that clamps on to the table and gives you the holes? Rather than drill?

jerdog53

Explorer

The field kitchen has height adjustment, its my understanding that the IGT tables do not. I want to add a table top section to my field kitchen that will give me more space for my stove and prep surface hence my thought processes of adding an IGT table and legs to my field kitchen. If I could get the metal brackets from the IGT tables and add them to my field kitchen top then I would be golden. The legs for the IGT need to be height adjustable. Clear as mud? :chef:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner