Snow Peak Addiction

JamesC

Adventurer
Does anyone use these and can provide feedback?

- Tripod: Used over Large SP fireplace for hanging dutch oven/ misc grill. Can it handle mid sized Lodge DOs? In many pictures it looks like they have boosted the fireplace height to be closer to the grill. We have a Large coming - is it not tall enough?

- Gas Lantern: GL-150a gigapower mid? Will be for hanging from the SP Pile Driver for the type of light gas lanterns produce. I love LEDs but sometimes you want a mantle glowing and gas hiss :)

Honu

lost on the mainland
no idea about the legs ? maybe Lenart knows :)

the lantern I agree something about a lantern glow and did not want the big coleman so I did a bunch of research and at least for me the reviews lead me to this http://www.rei.com/product/784354/p...D=120217890000892262&lsft=cm_mmc:cse_PLA_GOOG

I cant remember what lead me to the primus over the SP one as they are very close so might be worth checking out both :)
I reckon either one would be good though :)

pic of it here
Snow_Peak_tramezzino-gr-009_01.jpg

Does anyone use these and can provide feedback?

- Tripod: Used over Large SP fireplace for hanging dutch oven/ misc grill. Can it handle mid sized Lodge DOs? In many pictures it looks like they have boosted the fireplace height to be closer to the grill. We have a Large coming - is it not tall enough?

- Gas Lantern: GL-150a gigapower mid? Will be for hanging from the SP Pile Driver for the type of light gas lanterns produce. I love LEDs but sometimes you want a mantle glowing and gas hiss :)

Last edited:

harbinger808

Adventurer
Here's a question... anyone figure out how to use a TemboTusk skottle in an IGT frame?... would love to use a wok but not travel with one. Was thinking the skottle since it could be used stand alone also with its own burner.

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Here's a question... anyone figure out how to use a TemboTusk skottle in an IGT frame?... would love to use a wok but not travel with one. Was thinking the skottle since it could be used stand alone also with its own burner.

I've been thinking about this too... I've heard rumors that they are coming out with a table top stand for it. If this is true. The. Likely that could just be used on the IGT with a bamboo insert. But this is expo, and the SP thread so I'm guessing we can come up with something outrageous!

While we wait for the answer from Tembo, I've been thinking about using this frame insert I got from @cactusjk. I only slightly modified it for use with my compact partner stove. I added some bosses that come through the bottom of the stove and lock it from sliding.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451215560.706391.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451215583.183122.jpg

Maybe somehow cut a center hole and mount standoffs that have similar layout to the Tembo frame? I wouldn't do to this beautiful work of art, but to maybe something similar.

harbinger808

Adventurer
That looks really good there Chris! My thought would be a base plate or adaptor for a short set of legs/posts. I want to make sure its a sturdy setup since I'll most likely be using the skittle more like a wok and it will be getting banged around with my bamboo spoons :) I'm about to order my skottle this coming week so I'll ask Tembo about the shorter legs.

I've been thinking about this too... I've heard rumors that they are coming out with a table top stand for it. If this is true. The. Likely that could just be used on the IGT with a bamboo insert. But this is expo, and the SP thread so I'm guessing we can come up with something outrageous!

While we wait for the answer from Tembo, I've been thinking about using this frame insert I got from @cactusjk. I only slightly modified it for use with my compact partner stove. I added some bosses that come through the bottom of the stove and lock it from sliding.

View attachment 321620
View attachment 321621

Maybe somehow cut a center hole and mount standoffs that have similar layout to the Tembo frame? I wouldn't do to this beautiful work of art, but to maybe something similar.

Honu

lost on the mainland
check out this page for inspiration to your tembo tusk inspiration in the pics of the wok in use

https://store.snowpeak.co.jp/page/288

then you can see the parts for the gigapower stove here
https://store.snowpeak.co.jp/item/503

my thoughts would be some kinda frame like the gigapower frame to hold your burner and some kinda wok holder like they have but more shallow ?
I like the ideas of stainless rod also depending on the size of the tembo tusk setup might be to big :)

harbinger808

Adventurer
Hey Honu,
I really like that setup a lot but I need to be able to justify it my wife :) I like the Tembo tusk but in actuality it basically a flatter style wok. I'll need to look at cost for all the parts for both systems first. Obviously the SP gear will work with out any modifying. More research and advice is always welcomed.

Honu

lost on the mainland
yeah was more thinking of ideas than to buy the SP stuff :)
what current burner do you use and how does that fit into the IGT ? might even be one of those things that just wont work in the IGT that well cause of the size ?

would be cool to see ya try though :)

Hey Honu,
I really like that setup a lot but I need to be able to justify it my wife :) I like the Tembo tusk but in actuality it basically a flatter style wok. I'll need to look at cost for all the parts for both systems first. Obviously the SP gear will work with out any modifying. More research and advice is always welcomed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner

Members online