Snow Peak Addiction

DonTom

Brilliant.

Can you tell me more about the black pot set in this picture? Is it a cast Dutch oven ???

7670c4d7af13638913b4d1315dd427ff.jpg

Looks like it has a few layers in there.

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure thing! It's a neat wee set.
6fb9e2fb0fe386e4021a4497d0c48d64.jpg
b749a48907016887c23034e8b4dd7dce.jpg
42a4c1a8689f09c6a853a5c84790a5b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motoz

Adventurer
That is brilliant. Perfect for a small family and car back touring.
I WANT ONE !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DonTom

A little request: could someone with a windscreen for their IGT please post some detailed images of the fixing and corner details of the unit? Looking to have one made up, seeing it is no longer in production. Thank you very much in advance!

Lennart

Adventurer
A little request: could someone with a windscreen for their IGT please post some detailed images of the fixing and corner details of the unit? Looking to have one made up, seeing it is no longer in production. Thank you very much in advance!

Here is a couple of pics, let me know what you need in detail :)

clSoOe.jpg

k1oGIO.jpg

y4m1OB.jpg

44sbTY.jpg

eZWYko.jpg

0gCTA3.jpg

I5DXv9.jpg

O9iugZ.jpg

DonTom

That's great, thank you. If you could post a pic of how the back piece slides into the table extrusion, that would really help me explain it to the fabricators here, who don't speak English generally! Also, what's the spacing of those L-section tabs?

briferg

Observer
About 4kg , or 8 1/2 lbs... Not backpacking material!

When I lift my bags with IGT components in them I sometimes think they are almost too heavy for car camping. Perfect for a truck overland trip. I also have way too much stuff. I have to pick and choose what I take. In the Southwest US there are many times where a charcoal fire is not allowed so that narrows the choices. Good thing I have a full sized 1 ton van I don't think about running out of space too much.

I have a 3 unit windscreen I'll dig it out and take some photos.

DonTom

When I lift my bags with IGT components in them I sometimes think they are almost too heavy for car camping. Perfect for a truck overland trip. I also have way too much stuff. I have to pick and choose what I take. In the Southwest US there are many times where a charcoal fire is not allowed so that narrows the choices. Good thing I have a full sized 1 ton van I don't think about running out of space too much.

I have a 3 unit windscreen I'll dig it out and take some photos.

Thanks, more the merrier on details, esp of the corners and tabs when attached to the IGT.
I hear ya on the weight and choices available for the IGT. In Qatar (where I live), all camping is via truck. When skiing, or hunting/hiking, the titanium Snow Peak pots, bowls etc are a godsend.
My wife and I were discussing this morning how to mount a couple of other items to the IGT: I think I'll end up with another frame! These two often come out tailgating with us, gonna make up bases for them for the IGT:
a0d59fff114df8e78ecf40741e21e72a.jpg
14fa84200562fef83682868fcca9d6ec.jpg

harbinger808

Adventurer
Curious... What's the green thing?
Looks like something my grandparents used to have to make "Shaved Ice" in Hawaii.

Thanks, more the merrier on details, esp of the corners and tabs when attached to the IGT.
I hear ya on the weight and choices available for the IGT. In Qatar (where I live), all camping is via truck. When skiing, or hunting/hiking, the titanium Snow Peak pots, bowls etc are a godsend.
My wife and I were discussing this morning how to mount a couple of other items to the IGT: I think I'll end up with another frame! These two often come out tailgating with us, gonna make up bases for them for the IGT:
a0d59fff114df8e78ecf40741e21e72a.jpg
14fa84200562fef83682868fcca9d6ec.jpg

DonTom

Curious... What's the green thing?
Looks like something my grandparents used to have to make "Shaved Ice" in Hawaii.

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Still available new in Malaysia, and a very popular BYO when we go to parties! I volunteer at the local rugby club for BBQ's etc, and often take that and/or the coffee machine along. Thinking the IGT will make a great base for them.

harbinger808

Adventurer
I knew it!!! That would be great as an IGT addition. LOVE those things...need to find an old school one like that so my kids can enjoy my childhood memories. I find that "shaved ice" its not the same outside of the Pacific rim... its more like tiny ice chips. Not the fine melt in your mouth ice that those machines produce :)

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Still available new in Malaysia, and a very popular BYO when we go to parties! I volunteer at the local rugby club for BBQ's etc, and often take that and/or the coffee machine along. Thinking the IGT will make a great base for them.

DonTom

I knew it!!! That would be great as an IGT addition. LOVE those things...need to find an old school one like that so my kids can enjoy my childhood memories. I find that "shaved ice" its not the same outside of the Pacific rim... its more like tiny ice chips. Not the fine melt in your mouth ice that those machines produce :)

Shouldn't be too hard to find: here ya go! http://www.shaveicesupplies.com/Shave-ice-machine-fujimarca-mc711-manual-shaveice-shaveicemachine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner