Snow Peak Addiction

Honu

lost on the mainland
I think the leg idea was out though as I had that idea I made before hand but my sewing was not as good and I never posted them :) I did also see some Asian site have something like that a long time ago which spurred my idea

just like the idea for the adjustable legs which came from a knock off asian company deer something ? but I do think my legs beat them all since they are not to clicks and are way more adjustable :) so I think some of us can come up with better ideas :)

just like that site I found where the guy made baskets and those other things SP is now doing ? so shows they watch and react for sure a bit slow but they do react

I do kinda wonder now if the leg holders can be made with a really good stretchy material to use for the loops :) cause now my legs dont fit so well since the one part is larger and they can be a bit tough to slide in and out :) also could make sliding in and out easier ? question would be how would they hold up over time as elastic material goes bad ?
for sure the idea of the small parts organization is needed still the bags that come with the nicer one help a lot but they still move around

also stand by my thoughts from the earlier bamboo tables need to be in a separate one vs the metal which can get heavy to move as one unit
but I wish we could get a good divider system of some kind for the bamboo :) if your wife or kids want to help out unloading loading :) cause two bamboo and a IGT with legs weighs quite a bit but again I come from a family perspective with kids that want to help :)

nice looking case though I do have pros cons to the zipper thing ?

Last edited:

Honu

lost on the mainland
the one thing that still needs to come out IMHO is a lower table below your IGT :) I have created a few but never loved any one design yet

a place when you take your lid off you have a place to store it :) or your griddle as example etc....

I did have the idea in my head to make a case that has a hard element and that case can then become that lower shelf somehow ?
so I will put this out there but if someone makes one that is awesome they must send me a free test copy :) ahahahahhaha

I have one more idea but it might be a while but if the idea works its going to be pretty slick I hope and solve another issue I have dont want to spill to much yet :)

JamesC

Adventurer
Honu,

For the dual purpose bag do you mean something that could carry, say a bbq box and a bag of charcoal, then open a side and hang under the IGT? Something like a combination of:

This shape but big enough to fit a bbq/charcoal:

ug-073r-1_1024x1024.jpg

Then open ended maybe by zipper to hang under the table and store stuff?

54feeb308155c-0113-shoe-hanging-drawers-xl.jpg

Honu

lost on the mainland
I was more thinking a shelf :)

the shelf thing pretty much what they came out with but I am not sure about the cost :)
491355d02ea04d33a239ee8fd8fa1603.jpg

18db878f9cc74cf6b12a0292c6c88a65.jpg

so that upper color photo setup for the hanging basket shelves would cost you $385 and that is even IF they carry it in the US
IMHO way to expensive :) I am even not that nuts or rich maybe :)

the way I did the shelf that did kinda work was a simple piece of thin plywood with some cable that went up to the IGT unit and cut to match the legs width with a hole drilled into the corner edge so the shelf would not wobble around under it or swing around
and used the little aluminum pieces that hold the rod holder so those sliding things in the pic below :) and some hooks from Ikea
ck-128-1_1024x1024.jpeg

again the issue I ran into was the legs cant take much pressure pulling in on them so the shelf really has to hang from the frame above or be supported directly on the legs

I did have at one time a hanging shelf unit with drawers rigged out of a Ikea piece for my IGT
kitchen_01.jpg

my kitchen box which is a river rafting one has this cool hanging shelf that is super simple but its legs are well supported or I would try that method with the SP :)
kitchen_07.jpg

bottom line I want something like SP created but I dont want to be paying $400 for something so simple

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I was wondering when someone was going to copy it....

Good Morning Snow Peak fans-

Amy and I just became aware of this conversation and we wanted to correct any misunderstanding. Yuman Desert Rat has invested a significant amount of time, effort and expense into his line of products and ATC has no intention of copying his hardwork. We greatly respect YDR's work and the courage it takes to get a product to market. His attention to detail and quality is first rate, thereby making the wait for his products worth it.

ATC does and will continue to make high quality custom gear, but we will respect the hardwork of others first. Be safe.

JamesC

Adventurer
Hello!

I think this is super admirable and appreciate this however Inthink there is some confusion :) Yuman Desert Rat hasn't offerred a bag that I know of? Please everyone correct me if I'm wrong. The bag I attached above was something in Japan made years ago that is not available - I tried.

YDR reached me back via PM after this discussion and is however considering another run of straps. I'll reply to your email in the hopes you'll still consider making a case around the tables of your canvas with his straps utilized. These are not available from Snow Peak, haven't been in a while and no known eta.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Fellow addicts,

I apologize for my absence from the forum and my one man sweat-shop. I've been getting a rather large influx of requests for more straps SO I'm doing some legwork on getting some new materials so that I can do a new run of straps. I'm going to most likely be using brown webbing this time around as I've had quite a few people in the past ask me about that. I will post up some photos of the rebooted strap system once I figure out if the new materials will be on par with my previous offerings. Thanks for all of the interest in these. It's very humbling. I figured that everyone that would have been interested in these already had a set but I suppose that I underestimated the power of the internet and the scope of this thread. Please feel free to e-mail me. I'm not on this forum as often as I used to be and that would be the best and most efficient way to reach me. Thanks again.

-Ryan... areschmidty76 on yahoo.com

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Hello!

I think this is super admirable and appreciate this however Inthink there is some confusion :) Yuman Desert Rat hasn't offerred a bag that I know of? Please everyone correct me if I'm wrong. The bag I attached above was something in Japan made years ago that is not available - I tried.

YDR reached me back via PM after this discussion and is however considering another run of straps. I'll reply to your email in the hopes you'll still consider making a case around the tables of your canvas with his straps utilized. These are not available from Snow Peak, haven't been in a while and no known eta.

I did a bag for myself a year or so ago. It works pretty well. It's pretty much a protective cover that wraps around the existing strap system that I make. I think theres a photo of it somewhere in here. I'll post up another one later. I'll see if it's feasible to modify it slightly if there is an interest in these. I have a few other ideas in the works and will be sharing them in due time.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Good Morning Snow Peak fans-

Amy and I just became aware of this conversation and we wanted to correct any misunderstanding. Yuman Desert Rat has invested a significant amount of time, effort and expense into his line of products and ATC has no intention of copying his hardwork. We greatly respect YDR's work and the courage it takes to get a product to market. His attention to detail and quality is first rate, thereby making the wait for his products worth it.

ATC does and will continue to make high quality custom gear, but we will respect the hardwork of others first. Be safe.

Thanks Paul. You're a fine Ameriacn. I appreciate the kind words. I sent a reply to your PM. :)

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Oh YDR, pleeze oh please!

I no have this same exact setup after picking up another bunch of kit recently. You should have seen me trying to stuff it into the SP 4unit carry bag.

You know it never occurred to me to use it as a portable office!

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Oh YDR, pleeze oh please!

I no have this same exact setup after picking up another bunch of kit recently. You should have seen me trying to stuff it into the SP 4unit carry bag.

You know it never occurred to me to use it as a portable office!

Portable ofice... lol

It's not a storage bag in the traditional sense. its mor of a protective case for the IGT goodies when all strapped together. It utilizes the handle on the IGT. To Be continued...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner