Snow Peak Addiction

Chris Boyd

Explorer
I run the medium. Easier to find and with the addition of the coal grate makes a nice places to run the Dutch oven with charcoal or fire coals.

JamesC

Adventurer
I've ordered the stainless grate (with some other things) from drifta though I don't think they've processed it yet. Anyone want me to add their stainless mesh grate to my order if they can still do it? I suspect the shipping would be the same.

http://www.drifta.com.au/stainless-steel-mesh/

We just use the 'pro net' and don't have a bridge, do you find the bridge essential?

Lennart

Adventurer
Wow, this is a great stove guys. Can be used with the feet that come with it, or in the IGT or on top of the multi stand. The lid acts as a wind shield.
This has been my camping stove for the last 7 years. Get the matching bag (Snow Peak GS220B) and you are set.

If it was in Europe, I might get a second one. Love it!

small edit, I see you have the GS-230, I have the GS-220. Super nonetheless.

Last edited:

JamesC

Adventurer
We put all of our SP gear to use this past week. Coahuila Desert camping along the Rio Bravo. Long trip in but well worth it. Weather was perfect 60f/15c highs and 20s F/-3-5 C even if we did suffer through some serious wind storms blowing up the riverbed silt at times. The SP stuff performed flawlessly and the fireplace is our most used piece during 'winter', no doubt. I would have never guessed we would change our fire building habits to use the SP fireplace exclusively but it has happened. Starts perfectly, radiates really well, you can warm your feet UNDER the fire and it develops great coals for consistent cooking. It also leaves no trace even with a roaring fire which I find super cool AND is mobile if required.

I posted this one on the skottle thread. We're trying to convince Jerry from Temp Tusk to build an IGT insert to house the skottle. Is anyone near Anaheim and could loan him an IGT frame?

DSC02134.jpg

Tripod and giga-mid lantern were great

DSC02046.jpg

Go Sun does a lot well - baking, reheating, cooking stew... We need to find something to keep it clipped to the table for our Texas sized wind gusts.

DSC02032.jpg

Warming ritual. Tripod was used as a side table when not in use for the dutch oven.

DSC02367.jpg

Camp

DSC02110.jpg

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
I tried it in the medium bag. It barely fits. With the fireplace and accessories inside the thickness of table makes it a no go. But you can always do this.....
20160210_201601.jpg

Lennart

Adventurer
I will try with the large bag and make a pic later today :)
You want to put the Mytable and the fireplace in together, right? Any accessories as well?

JamesC

Adventurer
Yes thanks, the numbers make it seem like no problem in the L but I was worried about what YDR saw - real world. Just the base plate, fireplace and grill mesh. I don't have a bridge.

Every single trip we talk about what we can edit out 'next time' but it seems we grow instead. I 5think this is mainly a winter problem since it's hard to hang out at both the fireplace and use the IGT at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner