Snow Peak Addiction

chrys

Observer
C'est bon! Is that the large size fire pit? I'm comme ci comme ca avec my french speaking so I'm not sure if I missed it in the vid :)

Chris Boyd

Explorer
Guess I'll have to get crackin! I'm going to be out of town for about a week. Once I get back I'll bet the one man sweat shop rolling!

Yuman -

Any chance you can come up with something for the slide on short side tables? I'd like to have a pouch for them so they sit opposed and the brackets offset each other. I got another 2U over the winter with some side tables would like to have something to protect them.

Delivery at Rendezvous would be even better! I think I'll need some straps for it too!

DesertSand05

Observer
You can get anything from Japan via sites like Rakuten, etc... Snow Peak just needs to crank out some stock!

Can you order from that Rakuten site?

Their ads pop up whenever I am searching for snow peak stuff, but then you go to the site out says no US shipping. Never got understood that.

Thankfully all that I am missing from my want list is a few hard to find cases.

Top on my list is a snow peak 22cm dutch oven that has been out of stock forever and these micro stands that sold before they discontinued the cast-iron dutch ovens....

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Yuman -

Any chance you can come up with something for the slide on short side tables? I'd like to have a pouch for them so they sit opposed and the brackets offset each other. I got another 2U over the winter with some side tables would like to have something to protect them.

Delivery at Rendezvous would be even better! I think I'll need some straps for it too!

PM me the domensions LxWxH. I'll see what I can do. I'm out of town right now.

Lennart

Adventurer
Just got back from France. Took the outdoor kitchen on our camping trip. Filled up half the car but as always I enjoyed it greatly whilst there.
Too hot for my liking this holiday (close to 40 Celcius) so I took refuge in the little stream that ran right infront of our tent. Parked the chairs and MyTable right in it. Uncorked a locally produced organic rosé wine and just chilled in the shade and cool water.

This I could handle :victory:

mMI0iP.jpg

trailscape

Explorer
Did they discontinue the wood party fork/spoons? I really liked those utensils and would toss a couple into any order I placed.

DesertSand05

Observer
If you are only a few short of the set you want, contact Snow Peak U.S. and see if it is temporary or something they no longer carry.

You seem too have to grab snow peak stuff when you can, the red folding chairs were rumored to be on the discontinued block. I have seen some pop up, but glad I finished my set.

chrys

Observer
Yeah Backcountry had one red chair, expedition exchange had one and other than that I couldn't find any in the states (couple in Australia) or on the Japanese Snow Peak site. You definitely gotta get while the getting's good when it comes to snow peak gear...

DesertSand05

Observer
I wonder who has the rarest piece of snow peak gear?

Im not talking just a pack and go fire place or an IGT setup, Im talking really rare Japanese import kind of stuff...

chrys

Observer
This has gotta be one of the rarest ones... http://www.ebay.com/itm/251600307196?_trksid=p2060353

The special edition black canvas chair is and the sake festival special glasses have got to be up near the top of that list..

I have a couple random things like some of the fishing gear and the fire gloves that are pretty hard to find, but who knows. Might be the single BBQ box is one of the rarest things around these days :)

KevinsMap

Adventurer
I wonder who has the rarest piece of snow peak gear?

Im not talking just a pack and go fire place or an IGT setup, Im talking really rare Japanese import kind of stuff...

You know, I really enjoy this thread ;-) it is so very... well, I just find "collecting" not my thing... but in this way it is also very Japanese, and so quite appropriate. Also I love Snow Peak gear, though not everything they make.

But one thing I do sincerely admire about Snow Peak is how they will bring to the USA a very good (even excellent) quality product that is quintessentially Japanese. Things we might never otherwise see in North America. Like this:

Atsu.jpg

Rare enough? Well, not in Japan, where such things can be found quite easily, in the equivalent of our hardware stores. But this one is quite fine, very much a handmade piece, and a very old and traditional Japanese design. It is a pleasure to use, much more versatile than a western hatchet. In Japan, these are garden woodworking tools for roughing-out and general purpose trimming. They had it available on the website for much less than a year. They do that ;-)

Edit added: I have also seen cheap Atsu in Torrance, CA - in hardware stores, of course.

Update: It seems they are available, once again? Update 2: Yes, it is once again in stock on the website; but only if you know it's there :) Yes, that is correct, you can find it using search with Atsu or Hatchet, but you can look through the entire gear list in vain; I could not find it that way. Really, I do love Snow Peak. It's their sense of humour...

Attachments

• Snow Peak - Japanese Hatchet.pdf
    106.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
Spent a few nights in our tent up in the UP for vacation. We were on the shoreline outside of our cabin so I didn't have to cook anything but my Mini Hozuka Lantern worked great for tent lighting. Everyone in my family wants me to order one for them now to use in their tents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner