So I'm buying a van...

bdog1

Adventurer
Your better educated now from your experience. Is a VW now the van for you? Or are others still on the list?

List out your top two or three "wish list" items again for us. What's on dad's short list?

When you buy a van I sure hope you start a travel thread so we can all read along!

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

HoboJen

Adventurer
Dad's list is something made in the last 10 years that is clean. He'd still be ok with something older, but it has to be clean.

things i'm considering, in no particular order...
- travelling in my car... why not? ground clearance, for one. space, for the other.
- still a vanagon... still like that one.
- low mileage conversion van. short. probably not a high top.
- short passenger van.

so i don't know how narrowed down that is exactly, but I think any of those options could work for me...

Cole

Expedition Leader
One of my favorite Vanagon interiors.

9302474898_7b5b551322_z.jpg

9302474690_c3f74e583a_z.jpg

9302474380_a0396fa717_z.jpg

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Just an observation born of hard won experience over the years. If you focus too much on creating the perfect plan, you'll end up never implementing ANY plan. Plan Good Enough is good enough. Pick a direction and roll with it, or you'll find out it's time to roll and you've nothing to roll with. You can tweak plan Good Enough as you go. Savy? :)

This----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's been what, going on 2 months since you started your research? Brings to mind an old saying about crap, a pot, and gettin off it. :)

Cole

Expedition Leader
sooo... you're saying i should get a sprinter? ;-)

Just some various inspirational photos! There were VWs and Sprinters in there. I just don't have any of the other choices saved.

Those bed frame brackets are f'n awesome. Where do I get them?

Which ones?

Since you are showing favorites - here is one you forgot...

Stealth Sprinter with the electric bed hoist that makes it disappear into the ceiling - very well done.

http://www.stealthsprinter.com/van-build/finished-van-photos/

Yeah, cool set up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach