STOLEN HZJ79 in USA!

Toyotero

Explorer
Ugh, what a bummer.

It should be easy to spot parts on CL if it is parted out. Hopefully it's not burned out in the desert somewhere.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
That's so lame... These rare rigs getting stolen always make me wonder if the culprit KNEW what it was he/she/they were stealing or if they're just numpty's that stole a "camper" cause it had a bunch of stuff in it. That they stole it out of a storage facility implies some things to me. Dirty thieving _____'s

unseenone

Explorer
Thanks gang, it was suggested by a buddy in Australia, that the camper will most likely be fitted to an F150 or something, and the vehicle handled separately, so it might be a bit here and there.. such a shame, it can't be registered here anyway. There are so many expo members, hopefully if it's anywhere in the states or Canada, intact it will be spotted.

Patrollife

Explorer
I would be concerned about the vehicle being transported across the border into Central America. Those yodas can sell for a hunk of cash.

Sorry for your loss.

ADVW/Liam

Adventurer
tell me again why thievery is not handled by chopping off hands?

Those darn defense attorneys... I work in the CJ world, and have watched more thieves get time served for things like identity theft, felony theft, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, and other property crimes, than I can count. I recently sent a case to the DA's office detailing the theft of over $50,000 dollars from a companies payroll, and the Suspect is still working payroll jobs (for other compaines)!!! It's an uphill battle... Ok, off the complain train...

A few years ago a friend's crawler was stolen from his place in Sacramento. The truck was so unique that none of the parts (or very few of them) could have made it to the marketplace without anyone noticing. That's almost worse, that it lay unused or burned or just dumped down a canyon where no one would ever be able to find it. It breaks my heart and I hope the scumbag pays for it in the afterlife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven