Surprised no one is discussing the Cybertruck today.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Starbucks has been scamming folks for years with that freshly brewed stuff, it's really just flavored Sanka.

Have you noticed here on EP, two lead stories on the banner about Tesla, one a foolishly designed mini pickup tent for an outrageous price that cold be accomplished by a hundred dollar bed tent and more about them as News of the Week!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Starbucks has been scamming folks for years with that freshly brewed stuff, it's really just flavored Sanka.

Have you noticed here on EP, two lead stories on the banner about Tesla, one a foolishly designed mini pickup tent for an outrageous price that cold be accomplished by a hundred dollar bed tent and more about them as News of the Week!

Introducing the Cybertruck Basecamp, the Sanka of Truck Tent Campers …​

rruff

Explorer
You gotta wonder what the angle of approach view is inside the CT, after watching this and seeing how far back the driver is sitting and how long and high the hood is.
The hood is low and short compared to every other truck, even considering the long dash. But on a hill like that, absolutely everybody is looking at nothing but sky out the front!

Looks like the Rivians may be more efficient than the Cybertruck.

I was near actual nausea when the Cybertruck was first revealed. I was only able to keep it down with the anticipation of the punchline, that never came. A few months later I reserved one, to hedge, I knew the design would have to change.

A year later collecting bids for rooftop solar, I got so aggravated with Tesla I cancelled my reservation. I’ve been a TSLA investor for over ten years and have owned a model 3 for more than five years. It has been fantastic and will likely stay in the family for time immemorial. Not anti-Tesla by far, but been together long enough to have weathered many disappointments.

No, I don’t want a Cybertruck, but do not deny the innovation. Or the foot traffic it will bring into showrooms converted to Y sales.

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Looks like the Rivians may be more efficient than the Cybertruck.

I was near actual nausea when the Cybertruck was first revealed. I was only able to keep it down with the anticipation of the punchline, that never came. A few months later I reserved one, to hedge, I knew the design would have to change.

A year later collecting bids for rooftop solar, I got so aggravated with Tesla I cancelled my reservation. I’ve been a TSLA investor for over ten years and have owned a model 3 for more than five years. It has been fantastic and will likely stay in the family for time immemorial. Not anti-Tesla by far, but been together long enough to have weathered many disappointments.

No, I don’t want a Cybertruck, but do not deny the innovation. Or the foot traffic it will bring into showrooms converted to Y sales.
Just fyi the Tesla solar model is low end outdated equipment bought on clearance bulk sales. The installers are lowest paid contractors. Warranty is “oh don’t worry if something doesn’t work we’ll replace it “we have no idea what junk we’ll have day of installation so (we’ll fix it)” I know several people who have gone over a yr without a working system hours spent dealing with tesla BS. The power wall business model was a idea cooked up when they needed a disposal model for battery cells that fail the quality check for the cars. Hey let’s package them up in a box and sell them to people as backup power and throttle the cycles so we can make it to a 10yr warranty😆😆😆. People pay Tesla to take their garbage cells off their hands. Smart idea crap deal for the buyer😆😆. There are three houses by me early adopters from Tesla solar all three are on yr 11 have total system failure junk panels, junk single inverter etc. One person is in a long drawn out lawsuit with Tesla two others said screw it and put enphase systems on. I’m at yr 10 on my 25yr warranty enphase system with LG panels zero issues and still producing near new numbers. For some stupid reason people research the hell out of kitchen appliances and cars but don’t do a damn thing for solar. I’d bet 2-3% of today’s installations are re using panels from installations that have been removed 😳. Crazy scammy business makes used car lots look like 👍 saints.

Enphase is the leader in current solar equipment for performance, quality, reliability, warranty, cycle life etc.

Just fyi the Tesla solar model is low end outdated equipment bought on clearance bulk sales. The installers are lowest paid contractors. Warranty is “oh don’t worry if something doesn’t work we’ll replace it “we have no idea what junk we’ll have day of installation so (we’ll fix it)” I know several people who have gone over a yr without a working system hours spent dealing with tesla BS. The power wall business model was a idea cooked up when they needed a disposal model for battery cells that fail the quality check for the cars. Hey let’s package them up in a box and sell them to people as backup power and throttle the cycles so we can make it to a 10yr warranty😆😆😆. People pay Tesla to take their garbage cells off their hands. Smart idea crap deal for the buyer😆😆. There are three houses by me early adopters from Tesla solar all three are on yr 11 have total system failure junk panels, junk single inverter etc. One person is in a long drawn out lawsuit with Tesla two others said screw it and put enphase systems on. I’m at yr 10 on my 25yr warranty enphase system with LG panels zero issues and still producing near new numbers. For some stupid reason people research the hell out of kitchen appliances and cars but don’t do a damn thing for solar. I’d bet 2-3% of today’s installations are re using panels from installations that have been removed 😳. Crazy scammy business makes used car lots look like 👍 saints.

Enphase is the leader in current solar equipment for performance, quality, reliability, warranty, cycle life etc.
That sounds a bit extra. Tesla solar has only existed since 2016.

My issues were with design changes, they essentially have just three systems.

ThundahBeagle

Most trucks are just big commuter cars... at least, that is how they are used. There has been an escalating arms race for bigger "everyday" vehicles in the US.

True, I do commute with my GMC Sierra every day. 500 miles a week. However, I also haul lumber, cord wood, my garden tractor, loads of bricks, whatever furniture my lady wants as she buys it new or 'vintage', mulch, sleep in it when camping (actually it's like a home base), and I need not go on.

I was in the recent Leominster Floods as I was trying to get home from work and I gotta tell you, I got a lot farther in my GMC than anyone got in their Civic that day. Same goes for unplowed snow.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
They’re out there now and available…with a smidge of a price markup.

Fantasy MSRP:
IMG_2802.jpeg

Reality Pricing:
IMG_2801.jpeg

ThundahBeagle

Saw a picture of the cyber truck with a rack on it, on which were lashed two kayaks. No for nothing but the kayaks facing upward at 30 to 40 degrees is a little off-putting. Part of what makes trucks PRACTICAL is the relative simplicity and basically right angles so things can sit straight or have the average carpenter EASILY make racks that extend the bed height when carrying, say, hey, for example. This cyber truck is just not that

rruff

Explorer
Saw a picture of the cyber truck with a rack on it, on which were lashed two kayaks. No for nothing but the kayaks facing upward at 30 to 40 degrees is a little off-putting. Part of what makes trucks PRACTICAL is the relative simplicity and basically right angles so things can sit straight or have the average carpenter EASILY make racks that extend the bed height when carrying, say, hey, for example. This cyber truck is just not that
Anybody could build a horizontal rack if they wanted, and even make it look nice. This is obviously not the image you were thinking of, but I don't see the CT losing any (more) style points with a sloping bed rail.

Rivian-Cybetruck-EPA.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach