compactcamping

Explorer
Sidekick in action

fc7_zps785f4d47.jpg

Working its way to a wonderful backcountry camping spot

fc1-sm_zpsc1f9eebb.jpg

compactcamping

Explorer
Thanks Brian! The new Dinoot trailer has been working out great behind the Sidekick. Match the bolt pattern to the Sidekick so I only need to carry one spare, dry weight of the trailer with tent unit is under 500 lbs. Surprisingly, don't see any fish :(

LOKNLOD

I just picked up my project. It's an '82 SJ410K, and it needs lots of elbow grease, but it sure is neat! It won't be driving to the tip of South America any time soon, but it think of it as a very short range expedition rig...
735042F7-A6AB-443B-BE18-9D769571FAB4-7621-00000429ACA68DE3.jpg

LOKNLOD

That is one sweet looking rig!!!! They sold these in the states?

The history I'm piecing together is that these were imported into Hawaii prior to the Samurais being sold here, and a few eventually found their way to the mainland. I think this one came back with someone who was stationed there in the military.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I just picked up my project. It's an '82 SJ410K, and it needs lots of elbow grease, but it sure is neat! It won't be driving to the tip of South America any time soon, but it think of it as a very short range expedition rig...
735042F7-A6AB-443B-BE18-9D769571FAB4-7621-00000429ACA68DE3.jpg

Hey, that is in OK? How about a short run to MO? LOL I don't think I've seen one. I can see that with a full rack and an RTT, or pulling a 4x8 behind! :)

LOKNLOD

Right now it is limited by the range of the amount of fuel in the windex bottle zip tied under the good that its pulling out of while we trouble shoot the fuel system :p Oh and the flat tire I jabbed a branch through (badly dry rotted) because I just had to take it for a spin around the pasture. We were grinning the whole time though! :D

I'll post more pics soon...

Thirsty

Not much action here the last few days, so I'll post a couple from this weekend.

Nothing major just exploring some of the trails and scouting for over night spots near Albuquerque.

2012-11-03_13-48-17_460.jpg2012-11-03_13-45-00_621.jpg

The best thing about these little truck is they can go anywhere, the trail in the second picture was so narrow at points it became basically a ATV and mountain bike trail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk