Swiss Style Organization for Expeditiony Chic Overlanders . . .

constructeur

Adventurer
Watch the video, because that explains it all. I love how it's way beyond just some cool bins and Storm Cases.

Cheers for the post Articulate!

After I watched the video the set up made me think 4 things:

1. Look at this, they're in a teeny Euro 'runabout' and they've kitted themselves out enought to go camping!

2. This video shows the market it was designed for, European weekend campers/camping.

3. Reminds me of the high quality, rediculously thought out German kitchens such as Bulthaup offers.
Here's a pic of a Bulthaup b2, which shows a cooktop/prep area/sink and merely one wall cabinet in which everything has a specific place:
bulthaup-b2-kitchen.jpg

4.How come all of the other first world countries get more than 2 wks of vacation a year and I don't! :mad:

...and now that I wrote all that this product just makes sense when I see that it comes from a place that has a higher urban density that many of us are used to, and the thought out design reflects that.

What are your thoughts? Is this for you?

Ultimately I recomend traveling anywhere with a foxy brunette:ylsmoke:

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Mmmmmm....!

Uh...WOW. I really like the special spot just for the Swiss Army knife...LOL!
And she is...uh, purdy. Ulp.:drool:

Elijah

Innovative and well thought out. I don't think it could it take a day of abuse on the washboards and trails we run. Looks like it'd do well for 90% of the folks on here.

taco2go

Explorer
Great video !
All that's needed is a little Mario Donovanization, so it's overland certified to sit over a solid axle for a century. :smiley_drive:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I watched the video a couple more times (honestly not just for the shower scene) and some of the things I really like:
1) hinged boxes so that they can extend out of the vehicle and then restack for compactness
2) the table setup that goes on the end of the boxes to give the cooking/eating space
3) The sink faucet that becomes the shower wand (Sportmobile has an extended faucet but also a sep shower hookup)
4) The fridge in the floor of the backseat so your sleeping area covers it (granted it is a smaller fridge than I would want

Overall it still runs up against my biggest frustration...the 2 person barrier. It seems that most of the great rigs & setups are built around 2 people but my life (and many of those around here) are built around our families of 3-4 (or way more).
Oh well one kid is 19 and the other 12, in a few years I will just make them take another rig along on trips so we will end up with 2 rigs each setup for 2 people :)

constructeur

Adventurer
I've sent off an e-mail asking about pricing and included a link to the forum/thread for misC sport & leisure, the parent company, to join in if they so choose. Somone will find the info useful.

Lance- I'm still thinking that this is designed for the couple or very young family in a tiny car. The Juilletiste/Aoutiens that are jaunting off on a relatively short summer holiday.

For the rest of us, well winter is on its way. Time to steal some ideas and get cracking with the router and some 1/4 or 3/8 plywood. :costumed-smiley-007

Mamontof

Explorer
I've sent off an e-mail asking about pricing and included a link to the forum/thread for misC sport & leisure, the parent company, to join in if they so choose. Somone will find the info useful.

For the rest of us, well winter is on its way. Time to steal some ideas and get cracking with the router and some 1/4 or 3/8 plywood. :costumed-smiley-007

1/4 ...3/8 well at least 1/2 Birch furniture plywood , cut... finish... protect by epoxy..at least two coats a specially joint lines ... it will take in shop 40 hours of work and close to :Wow1:$ 300 materials cost :snorkel:

Some time cheaper to purchase or be sadomasochist .... :wings:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I didn't quite catch the text on the screen about the shower, so I watched it again...a few times. Very nice.

gabepari

Explorer
Clever idea. This style of joinery has been around for a long time. I've been building kids furniture and "trendy" office furniture like this for years on the CNC. One downside from my experience is the noise. The stuff rattles and creaks like crazy unless you go through and insulate all the intersecting panels with felt or hdpe tape.

Most stuff that falls into this category is considered "art" and doesn't go cheap.

Gabe

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Great find Mark and thanks for posting

If I had known before I got mine I might have thought about it more for my build.

Lance, the solution to a family is definitely a trailer of sorts, you can leave for day trips and much more comfort and gear for the little babes and the gorgeous ones as well. I am still trying to get my babe to join me but after trying an RTT, shower/toilet stall, shower, fridge and stove , it is still a no go. But then it's like an honeymoon when I get back from the more lengthy trips.

As my son IM'd me just now, after I sent him the link, "In your face Ikea!:costumed-smiley-007

Ursa Minor

Exactly!

...traveling with my wife...next thing you know, BANG, you're pregnant.

Bringing up the Ecamper, I wonder if those are still around.

Right on both accounts, got a new daughter to play with now so not contributing here on the portal much. Still around, quite busy building Ecampers...and a few other things :)

Attachments

• montage.JPG
    montage.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

constructeur

Adventurer
1/4 ...3/8 well at least 1/2 Birch furniture plywood , cut... finish... protect by epoxy..at least two coats a specially joint lines ... it will take in shop 40 hours of work and close to :Wow1:$ 300 materials cost :snorkel:

Aye 1/2 or 3/8 it should be, my post was made pre coffee this A.M.:snorkel:

I recon for the average guy this is too much work/planning, but I'm hoping to do a year in S.A. with a wife and daughter so see the benefits of having every square inch thought out...

If I were to jump on a project like this the labor wouldn't cost me much as I plan on paying myself what the wife thinks I'm worth!

targa88

Explorer

Unfortunately, I suspect that like similar solutions (outback, etc) it will be exorbitant..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach