T100 "Bluebonnet"

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Does a tool count as a mod?

Well, I finally got an air compressor... yippee! This has made maintenance and work on the truck much easier, quicker, and more fun. I used some would-be mod money to pay for this and some appropriate air tools. Just had to share...

WebCompressor.jpg

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Another kinda mod...

Picked up a barely used Magellan Meridian Platinum off ebay... came with DirectRoute software, Worldwide basemap, and a car cradle.
meridian-platinum.jpg

Used it on my recent trip to West Virginia... I've still got a lot to learn about it, but it was a blast to use for some minor orienteering and trailfinding. Tracking your trail rides is really nifty as well.

robert

Expedition Leader
I would make sure that my contacts on your 12V outlet are covered- you don't want something in your storage area rolling into it and causing a short.

How is that appliance paint holding up? I need to repaint my Hi-lift too and that looks like a really good idea. Heck, it might work well on sliders too.

HongerVenture

Adventurer
robert said:
I would make sure that my contacts on your 12V outlet are covered- you don't want something in your storage area rolling into it and causing a short.

Actually, I did manage to think of that one. The connectors fitting over the contacts have insulating boots as well.

robert said:
How is that appliance paint holding up? I need to repaint my Hi-lift too and that looks like a really good idea. Heck, it might work well on sliders too.

It is holding up really well actually. I've operated the jack a couple times to see how it holds up and it does great. Some of the more awkward shapes on the Hi-Lift make it hard to get good coverage with the rattle-can. Really work at covering those areas as that is where I'm seeing some light rust again.

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

WebFinalFridge.jpg

Wow!! This was well worth the wait!!

Joel I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for you and Amy. What a great install and another great write up! "Heaving the beast" into the back seat didn't sound fun but other than that it looks like you had a fairly simple install.

Very nice finishing work on the socket, and a very clever place for an unobtrusive install. What I've been primarily interested in finding out (thanks for being the Guinea Pig!) is how the 45qt would fit in the T100. Seeing how it allows use of half of the rear seat makes that size extra attractive, even over the larger capacity models for less $$$$.

As you know I've been watching some bigger models but I believe now that the 45 is the ticket. Looks like you're able to keep your seat slid all the way back too. This set up would allow me to use one child seat up front (since there are no pass. airbags in a T100) and one in the back for trips with the mini me's. I would have to relocate my large storage tub that holds recovery and survival gear, from the back seat maybe into the camper. But that would be a fair trade of space. I was already thinking that the bottom of the jumper seat would have to go for a fridge to fit, so no big deal there. That it opens fully in that position without contacting the rear window glass is a huge bonus.

Two and a half days maintaining temps before it killed the truck battery sounds very workable. Man! I'm so pumped thinking about the possibilities I can barely think to type. Keeping it out of your reach while driving probably is best from a safety standpoint. You shouldn't drink & drive anyway....you might spill your Diet Coke! ;)

I'm interested in seeing what you come up with for securing the fridge. I would probably just count on it anchoring itself too, maybe wedged in with some other gear in the back seat too. The turnbuckles would be easy and inexpensive plus still allow it to be removed from the truck to your shop. I like the idea of a secure but non-permanent mounting solution. Any idea what it weighs loaded down with burgers, bagels and Diet Coke?

Congratulations on being the very first to install a portable Fridge into a T100 (that I know of)! :luxhello: And thank you so much for the detailed pics and write up. I always enjoy your thorough reports and attention to detail when doing your upgrades. I feel like I can tackle this mod now that I know what size fridge will fit in the truck.

Thanks for creating the blue(bonnet)print for this mod!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Re the new compressor, GPS and refinished Hi Lift, excellent!

Great idea on the Hi Lift, I've seen many fail on the trial because they are ignored for the most part. A little maintenence at the house sure would be worth it on the trail.

10-4 on the GPS too. I run hot and cold with mine. Sometimes I enjoy using it, sometimes I just use it as a paperweight on top of all my maps. As much as I find a GPS useful, I prefer looking at maps and trying to read the terrain to establish my location.

And with the compressor at home, can we assume a welder and pipe bender are not far behind? ;)

jim65wagon

kcowyo said:
10-4 on the GPS too. I run hot and cold with mine. Sometimes I enjoy using it, sometimes I just use it as a paperweight on top of all my maps. As much as I find a GPS useful, I prefer looking at maps and trying to read the terrain to establish my location.

The GPS can be a huge asset on any trip large or small, I find though it is not a replacement for a good map, the screen is never large enough to see where you are and where you want to go simultaneously. With both GPS and a map it is so easy to find exactly where you are on the map to plot a new course. BTW mine is the Magellan Gold with both Directroute and Topo. Topo has some of the trails of GWNF in it (including the one to Meadow Knob). Directroute is great for on road travel when you do not know how to get somewhere but it doesn't always pick the shortest route. Have fun with all the toys.

Now if I could get a fridge to fit in between the kids in the backof the Tun...

Scott Brady

Founder
Awesome stuff Joel!

Your truck is looking incredible, nice platform, the fridge, gps, etc. I am very impressed :bowdown:

Now we need to plan a trip for you to come out west, so we can see it in person :sombrero:

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Stock Steel

Well, since the Expedition Trophy is now requiring sliders or at least highly recommending them, I figured it was about time to start the next project...

SliderSteel.jpg

That is all I have for now... should be getting started this weekend. A friend of mine has done some truly amazing work on his Jeep and he is going to teach/coach me through doing sliders for my truck. Stay tuned...

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Nice looking T100! Hey, nothing wrong with a mismatched topper color! Mine was a craigslist special - $150 with a busted back window (being replaced this weekend.)

Since I had just sold the crossover toolbox that came on the truck for the same $150, my shell was effectively "free", too. :jumping:

Since I think white is boring, and my favorite color is green (the color of my shell) I was actually thrilled by the "mismatch." :D

Great install on the fridge!

I've never seen the inside of a T-100 before your pics. The rear bench setup, with the bump under the seat and everything, is almost identical to an extended cab Tundra--the compartments are a little different, and the sheetmetal is probably a little different, but the layout is the same. There sure is a lotta room without the bench seat :D...

-Sean

kcowyo

ExPo Original
HongerVenture said:
A friend of mine has done some truly amazing work on his Jeep and he is going to teach/coach me through doing sliders for my truck. Stay tuned...

Nice! I'm watching....:lurk:

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Progress!

I love it when I actually make progress on a project...
SliderMockup.jpg

Tube has been bent and we've tacked together one of the sides. We have all the pieces cut to tack up the other side. Once we tack that together, we'll start measuring/cutting to fabricate the brackets to connect to the frame.

Any suggestions on paint or coating?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl