**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Box Rocket

I have started taking pre-orders for the Gran Sabana Ruggedized that we expect to have ready to ship in a few weeks. These are limited quantity and we expect them to go fast. We have ordered some in Olive Green and some in Haze Grey as those were the most requested colors. If you're interested in pre-ordering, contact me soon to guarantee your tent.

Go4Lo

Explorer
I had to have the sabana off-midline to open properly, which ment either driving around with 200lbs on the roof tilted towards one side or repositioning the tent on the rack every time I deployed and stowed it!

I don't understand this statement? Is there some design element or flaw with the sabana that requires it be mounted off center? I'm planning to purchase a sabana soon to mount on the flat rack on my 100 series land cruiser but would want it centered and not offset to one side. Please elaborate. Thanks.

Box Rocket

I don't understand this statement? Is there some design element or flaw with the sabana that requires it be mounted off center? I'm planning to purchase a sabana soon to mount on the flat rack on my 100 series land cruiser but would want it centered and not offset to one side. Please elaborate. Thanks.
radorsch will need to clarify, but I have had a Gran Sabana on the roof of my 80 and I've seen them used on 100 series cruises with no issues, all centered on the racks. You shouldn't have any problems.

fredgoodsell

Adventurer
Not sure where radorsch is having the issue. But on my kukenam, the tracks on the tent are exactly the same width as the Yakima towers on my shell. So to get the tent to mount down to the bars, I have to offset it maybe two inches to either side. Not a big deal, still functions just as well. Just bugs the ocd in me.

Jeepin Jason

Observer
Have a Ruggedized Autuna on the way. I am building a rack for my M416, what is the best height for these for the annex to be fully extended?

kevinrx7

Observer
I have the Autana ruggedized mounted on my truck and the ideal height for level ground is 6'3". When I build the rack for my m101a2 I will set the height at 6' so my wife can reach the track and zippers for the annex. I could live without the annex, seams only right she should be able to help set it up.

Sent from my USCC-E6762 using Tapatalk

Box Rocket

Have a Ruggedized Autuna on the way. I am building a rack for my M416, what is the best height for these for the annex to be fully extended?
As has been mentioned, you'll want to be around 6' high. The ideal range is somewhere between 6' and 6'8". Here's a photo of my standard Autana with the adjustable rack set at 6'. You can see there is a little bit of slack in the walls of the annex at 6' but still very acceptable.

The rack on my Cruiser is at 6'10" so just beyond the ideal height. I use one of the optional annex extensions available from Tepui that adds another 12" of annex height if you end up with the tent being taller. Here's how the annex fits on my cruiser WITHOUT the extension or floor attached. You can see it is just short of the ground. The floor is shaped like a dish and has a bit of a "wall" to it so it would probably work fine without the extension, but I already had one so I have been using it.

doubleroses

Adventurer
As has been mentioned, you'll want to be around 6' high. The ideal range is somewhere between 6' and 6'8". Here's a photo of my standard Autana with the adjustable rack set at 6'. You can see there is a little bit of slack in the walls of the annex at 6' but still very acceptable.

The rack on my Cruiser is at 6'10" so just beyond the ideal height. I use one of the optional annex extensions available from Tepui that adds another 12" of annex height if you end up with the tent being taller. Here's how the annex fits on my cruiser WITHOUT the extension or floor attached. You can see it is just short of the ground. The floor is shaped like a dish and has a bit of a "wall" to it so it would probably work fine without the extension, but I already had one so I have been using it.
Thay looks so dang nice!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Salty1

I have a similar trailer, a Bantam T3C. I first built the frame out of inexpensive wood so I could get a feel on what it would be like and to pick the appropriate height for my needs. My concern was to not get it too high and drastically throw off the center of gravity too much as these trailers are rather narrow and I want it to go anyplace my Jeep can without worrying it may tip over. Initially I started with 6 feet off of the ground and ended up making it 12 inches above the trailer top rail as I was also looking to cut down any wind resistance on the highways. The frame is made out of 1x2 steel the same dimensions as the trailer. My trailer has stake pockets so they were reinforced so I could have the frame and tent sit in them for easy removal, this way the trailer can also be used to haul things.

Last edited:

Salty1

That looks great Salty1!
Thanks, it is coming together slowly and the RTT is working out great. In the near future I will order the annex.

I am my own worst enemy as I figure out what the solar/electrical should be like then do some more reading and change my mind. One of these days I am just going to finish it.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Any speculative news about a Tepui Hardshell RTT?! My Ayer is getting to be a pain to open and close to dry out after it gets rained on. :coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal