**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

F40

Adventurer
My rugged Kukenam was delivered yesterday and I was able to get up to the mountains last night for my first night with it. It took me a while to get it all set up but I expected that as I learn the process. I thought it was comfortable and enjoyed my nights rest in it. One question I had was about the crease or tongue/groove in the middle when its set up. I climbed in and it didn't seem like the two sides were seated great even though they were level. I remember reading about that here somewhere a while back but can't find it now.

Any tips on how to get the two sides seated together or what to check? I'm heading out again Wednesday through Saturday and am excited to continue using it but would like to get this sorted out.

I check from the outside of the tent with a flashlight. I always make sure it's seated all the way in the channel via the flaps on the outide of the tent. I generally stake out the ladder and run a ratchet strap from the open side to the vehicle to insure it stays in place.

nlouvros

what fixes are there to fix the giant rain pool that builds up above the ladder on the gran sabana ruggedized?

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
I make sure the rainfly straps are taught and that the 2 corner tie down ropes are snug. No water issues for this guy. (Autana Ruggedized)

Box Rocket

I make sure the rainfly straps are taught and that the 2 corner tie down ropes are snug. No water issues for this guy. (Autana Ruggedized)

This helps a lot. I haven't ever needed to use the support rod like I posted for rain with my Autana. I've only used it when we camped in heavy snowfall overnight. The Gran Sabana may be more susceptible to pooling water than the Autana since it's much wider.

Box Rocket

Any info on this Box Rocket?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wish I had more news, but it's still on the backburner. I will ask about it again on my next conference call next week. But with the new hard shell tent along with a couple other new products on the horizon, this awning hasn't had much attention. I'm motivated to keep trying to push it forward though. I have held off buying an awning because I want this one. Believe me, as soon as I have any new info, it will get posted.

JeeperJake

Observer
I wish I had more news, but it's still on the backburner. I will ask about it again on my next conference call next week. But with the new hard shell tent along with a couple other new products on the horizon, this awning hasn't had much attention. I'm motivated to keep trying to push it forward though. I have held off buying an awning because I want this one. Believe me, as soon as I have any new info, it will get posted.
Thanks for the update. I am excited to see it come to a reality.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Box Rocket

More innovation from Tepui Tents. Coming soon is the new Power Pack solar panel system.

http://tepuitents.com/pages/power-package

The Tepui Power Package is the first fully integrated solar solution for your Tepui roof top tent. Powered by Goal Zero, the Tepui Power Package allows you to charge your batteries while en route to your next destination. Featuring a built-in removable sleeve, the travel cover houses a Goal Zero Nomad 20 solar panel paired with a Venture 30 battery bank, providing up to 30 wH of charging power. The Tepui Power Package provides a cost effective solution for your power needs.
Goal Zero Nomad 20 Solar Panel
Rated Power: 20W
Open Circuit Voltage: 18-22V
Cell Type: Monocrystalline
Weight: 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg)
Dimensions (unfolded): 30.5 x 13 x 1 in (77.5 x 33 x 2.5 cm)
Dimensions (folded): 8.5 x 13 x 1 in (21.6 x 33 x 2.5 cm)
Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS
Optimal Operating Temp: 0-120 F (-17-48 C)
Goal Zero Venture 30 Recharger
Battery Capacity: 30Wh, 7800mAh (3.6V)
Power Output: USB (2x)
Weight: 8.8 oz (250g)
Recharge by: USB & Solar
Ideal for: Phones, Cameras, Tablets & more
Weather Rating: IPX6
•Built-In Micro USB Tip - Tangle-free charging for phones and tablets. Certified cables for efficient charging.
•Solar Ready™ - Built-in Charging Tip. No extra cables to lose. Charge up in 4 hours from USB - in 9 hours of full sun from the Nomad 7.
•Waterproof in Use - Dunk it, spray it, use it in the rain. Power that handles whatever Mother Nature can throw at you. No rubber plugs needed.
•30 Wh, 7,800mAh Power Pack - Power phones (2-3x), tablets (1x) and more. Lightweight and packable from the airport to the trail.
•High-speed USB 4.8A across dual ports - Two high-speed ports capable of dishing out the fastest charge possible, at the same time. Power two devices at once or share with a buddy. Integrated Flood Charge optimizes your charging time.
These will be available for the Kukenam/Autana models to start and larger panels/cover sleeves are an option that can be discussed if you have a different tent.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
*Cough* Ayer Power Package *Cough* :D

That being "coughed", here's a quick review:

My wife and I are downsizing to a condo that will allow us to travel more (less maintenance, easier to "close-up" for long periods of time, less expensive, etc.). Our objective is to eventually buy a proper overland vehicle (still debating in my mind) when the time (retirement) comes in a couple of years. For now, we have a parking space underground in the common garage. Our Jetta is allowing us to save on gas in the mean time.

But I'm getting antsy! I need to go hiking and do weekend trips. That's why we opted to buy an Ayer tent from Tepui. I chose Tepui because of this thread and the fact that Box Rocket is so involved and that the product improves with the reviews found in this thread.

Living in Montreal, Canada, I had to order it from North Shore Off-Road. The ordering process was easy (all web based) and it came in fairly quick (about 1 week).

The installation was longer than expected... Those nuts take forever with hand tools! But about 2 hours isn't bad for a first time. I was very happy to see everything needed came with the product (ratcheting wrench).

Here's the result:
uc

About a week later, we did a real world test in a Provincial Park. On the first night we had a big thunderstorm! I was really impressed! All four windows were open and we barely had a drop of rain. Just a couple of drops blown in here and there. Also, it was awesome to have the cool breeze all night long.
uc

A lot of people stopped by to watch. :cool:

The size was good. If I had a bigger car I would have bought a bigger tent but we don't really feel cramped. For 2-3 nights at a time it will be fine. My wife and I are "small people" and Alfie, the 12 pound Chihuahu-mix trail running machine, never tires from the view. The only problem he has is which window to look out from? So many choices!

The mattress was comfortable enough for camping. No complaints.
uc

Once you get the hang of it, set-up time is pretty quick. I wouldn't say it's faster than a tent but it certainly is easier. You don't have to mess with spikes in the ground, roots under your lower-back, un-level terrain, etc.

My only complaints are:

- The tent travel zipper isn't easy to start. You eventually realize finess is better than force.
- I wish the side straps compressing the tent closed were with plastic buckles instead of Velcro (which is an easy mod I saw on other threads).
- I wish the ladder would not scratch the bottom of the tent floor during travel. I'll just put some pieces of foam or rubber with tape on the back and replace them with wear.

I'm looking forward to purchasing fitted sheets, the power package and... hopefully, tamper proof stainless steel nuts (HINT-HINT, NUDGE-NUDGE) to prevent theft.

jwilson2598

Adventurer
They have been "prodded" :) Sheets for the other tent models should be in the works. These first ones were to test the waters and they seem to be pretty popular so far so watch for sheet sets for other models someone fairly soon. FWIW, I tried them out for the first time the past weekend and I gotta say they're pretty sweet. I've always used sleeping bags up to this point, but with sheets and blankets I almost forgot I was sleeping in a tent. Not sure if I'll want to use my sleeping bag again. :)

So I wanted to follow up on excellent customer service with this. I asked about these back in March. About a month ago, out of the blue, I got contacted by Tepui to let me know that they had become available and to contact them. I called that day and a week later they arrived, right on schedule. Finally got my first chance to use them this weekend and they are great, perfect fit and nice and comfortable to sleep on. Thanks again Tepui!

Theoretician

Adventurer
Box Rocket,

I'm in the process of planning my kit for my F150 and I'm finding it difficult to find a bed rack/topper that fits what I want, so I figure I'm going to have to build it myself. To that end, can you provide detailed mounting requirements and packed standing heights of the Tepui tents? I'm looking hard at the ruggedized Autana, but building the rack to be as adaptable as possible would be ideal.

I'm dynamic impact analysis engineer during the week - I'll eat up every bit of technical information that you can give me.
Relative to a footprint of the packed tent, could you lay out where and how strong the mounting needs to be, and where is ideal?
How much load has Tepui designed the tents to take for relatively static loading (overnight sleeping with wind load, wind load while driving) and dynamic loading (going over rough trails for low frequency loading and washboard roads for high frequency loading)?
What are typical/acceptable/anticipated anchoring designs for the tent-to-rack interface?

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal