**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Box Rocket

I was wondering if the Ruggedized comes in other colors like green or brown. When I'm in the wilds, I don't want to be seen and orange is well, ORANGE! Yuuuuk! I have an older Camping Labs RTT and over the past couple of years, I've had replace some of the parts and you guys and girl (Hi Dani) have been very helpful in getting me the correct fitting parts for my tent. Plus I own your awning with the screened room attachment. When I upgrade it will be a Tepui Tent....
Thanks, Dan in Asheville, NC.

The Ruggedized tents are available in Orange and Grey. There are currently not plans to offer additional colors in the Ruggedized, but it's possible that could change in the future if there is enough interest.
the orange isn't for everyone. I personally LOVE it. It looks even better in person. But I also have one of the Grey Ruggedized tents and it is a nice subtle color. Here's what my grey ones look like.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yeah leaves me with a lotta space, it's an HD air mattrerss (7 years old)--

It is a pretty big bag, and Im gonna get something a little lighter this spring, but ill try that. It doesnt seem to put any hinge pressure or anything, but it is quite a bit of material... I just have no desire to pack it up in the vehicle everytime. Ill figure it out in time and with the new buckles, but thanks for the advice

Air mattress huh? Thats a good idea space-wise, though I hated blowing my old one up in my old ground tent. The self-inflating ones are nice, but probably pretty difficult to find in the size Id want for the tent

001_zps4e707e65.jpg

So inflating it is about 1 minute and it's 8" thick when inflated-COMFY

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

shadow61

Observer
i like the grey color, hopefully here in the very near future i will be ordering one of the Kukenam xl ruggedized tents

Box Rocket

the biggest problem is with the straps UNDER the cover.... cinching it down with a 0 degree bag inside takes a little pressure, but the velcro is pulling apart from the straps on both. This part isnt out in the weather, it just cant take any pressure at all. My new buckles are in, so Ill be taking care of it... Just thought you guys might want to rethink this in the future.

I want to pass along some information. First off thank you for pointing this out and offering the suggestion with the buckles. Tepui has taken notice and will be implementing a design change for all 2015 orders to replace the Velcro straps used to keep the tent collapsed with newly designed straps that will either include a buckle of some sort or other mechanism to keep the tents collapsed without the risk of them coming loose like the Velcro can. This should solve this issue for those who want to leave bedding inside their tents and provide a much more secure way of keeping the tent closed tight.

Last edited:

Box Rocket

Also, in other news, Tepui is able to do a run of custom colors for the Ruggedized models of tents to provide colors other than the Orange and the Grey. The minimum order quantity needed for a run on a different color is 10 tents. We'll be soliciting feedback on what colors consumers are most interested in. Please make some suggestions here and I'll take those suggestions and create a new thread will a poll to tally the totals and we'll work toward making that happen.

Tepui would again like to thank all of its customers and recognize your suggestions as we try to continually improved Tepui products and give you the customers the best Roof Top Tents and accessories on the market!

Happy Holidays!

grogie

Like to Camp
I want to pass along some information. First off thank you for pointing this out and offering the suggestion with the buckles. Tepui has taken notice and will be implementing a design change for all 2015 orders to replace the Velcro straps used to keep the tent collapsed with newly designed straps that will either include a buckle of some sort or other mechanism to keep the tents collapsed without the risk of them coming loose like the Velcro can. This should solve this issue for those who want to leave bedding inside their tents and provide a much more secure way of keeping the tent closed tight.

Let us know if Tepui individually sells the new straps. I'll eventually have to replace the velcro as well with my Ayer as I keep a couple of bags in it. Love my Ayer, btw. I can't wait for spring!

Box Rocket

Let us know if Tepui individually sells the new straps. I'll eventually have to replace the velcro as well with my Ayer as I keep a couple of bags in it. Love my Ayer, btw. I can't wait for spring!
I would guess that the new straps would likely get added to our spare parts menu on the website once they are in production. Stay tuned.

i think the ruggedized tents would be good in the olive drab or tan color
Noted. Thank you. What other requests for colors?

NikonRon

Adventurer
Olive green, much like the Howling Moon. And would need to be Autana Ruggedized, with travel cover to match or black. Ron

Box Rocket

So just to clarify, based on results from suggestions here followed by a poll a new color will be added as an option for the Ruggedized model tents. For instance, if Olive green is the color that is most popular, then all Ruggedized model Tents (XL, Kukenam, Autana) would be available in either Orange, Grey or Olive green.
So the plan is not to add a whole menu of new color options, but add a new option to the Ruggedized ones based on customer request. As was stated before we would have an minimum order quantity of 10 tents in the new color so we'll be doing our best to gauge interest to feel confident that we can cover that amount.
Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming.

Cyberman

Observer
Adam,

Do you have any pictures from inside the Autana annex, showing the access door? I am currently building a trailer similar to yours, and want to make sure that some of my designs are going to work.

Box Rocket

Adam,

Do you have any pictures from inside the Autana annex, showing the access door? I am currently building a trailer similar to yours, and want to make sure that some of my designs are going to work.

This is the best I have at the moment. Doesn't give you a full view but you can see the zipper on the back wall. It's pretty much the entire back wall that zips open, just about twice as wide as the main door opening and it reaches almost floor to ceiling like the main door.

Cyberman

Observer
Thanks. I watched the setup video on the website, which gave a good view. I made a slide out 'dresser' in front of my 4 x 6 trailer. Hoping to be able to access it.

zscott

Adventurer
Already have my tent so i probably wouldn't be purchasing, but you should convince them to do the ruggedized in a white fabric with topo, the rainfly would be black, and the mattress cover inside would be expo orange with topo designs printed on it, much like the wrap concept you had for your tacoma at one point. Impractical probably for production purposes but definitely cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven