**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

NikonRon

Adventurer
You'll be charged the tent price + shipping.

Yes, the Autana Ruggedized is only available in Orange.

They need to offer green, I have no desire for an orange tent. I guess I'll miss the sale price, maybe they'll have green next year. Ron

Hitch Fire

Supporting Sponsor
They need to offer green, I have no desire for an orange tent. I guess I'll miss the sale price, maybe they'll have green next year. Ron

Our Ruggedized tents are some of the toughest tents on the market which makes them unique. The color options we offer add to that uniqueness and will let everyone know you have the toughest tent out there. The Kukenam Ruggedized and Kukenam Ruggedized XL are both offered in Expedition Orange and Haze Grey if you like a color that is a bit more subdued. At this time, the Autana Ruggedized is only offered in Expedition Orange, but if interest grows it may also be available in Haze Grey in the future.
Banner3.jpg

kukXL9.JPG

NikonRon

Adventurer
I think you'll find that most would rather have earth tone colors. I'll have to look very hard at Eezi-awn, they have nice colors and products. Ron

Box Rocket

I think you'll find that most would rather have earth tone colors. I'll have to look very hard at Eezi-awn, they have nice colors and products. Ron

Sounds good. We have many earthtone colored tents at Tepui. It's just the Ruggedized models that are grey and orange. As for demand for the bright orange.....we are regularly selling LOTS of the Orange tents. :). But take a look at our Kukenam Roaring Mountian tent. It's green. And you can get most other models in tan also. If you have any questions you can reach me at 8017108110.
Nothing wrong with Eezi-awn , you'll just pay close to double to cost or more for a similar tent, and IMO there is nowhere close to double the difference in quality.

NikonRon

Adventurer
Adam, that's more the color that I desire but I still would want it in the Autana Ruggedized. I like being able to have the ladder inside the annex.And yes I much prefer your prices. Ron

Limbwalker

Observer
My only complaint is that after 6 uses, the velcro on the straps is already disintegrating. I ordered some plastic buckle/snaps to hopefully solve this.

Box Rocket

My only complaint is that after 6 uses, the velcro on the straps is already disintegrating. I ordered some plastic buckle/snaps to hopefully solve this.
Interesting. Out of curiosity, do you have your tent on the truck full time? Do you park it outside or in a garage? As you probably know, sunlight (and other elements but specifically sunlight) can wreak havoc on cloth parts and that could be the reason for the quick deterioration of the Velcro, if you're parking it outside in the elements all the time.

In contrast, my personal tent that is mounted to my trailer is always garaged except for trips. We have a dozen or so trips with it and the straps/Velcro still look/work like new.

Box Rocket

Thanks everyone who placed orders during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale! Everyone who placed orders with me should have received an invoice already and should be seeing their tents right away. I know some have been delivered already! Thanks again and enjoy your tents!

Limbwalker

Observer
Interesting. Out of curiosity, do you have your tent on the truck full time? Do you park it outside or in a garage? As you probably know, sunlight (and other elements but specifically sunlight) can wreak havoc on cloth parts and that could be the reason for the quick deterioration of the Velcro, if you're parking it outside in the elements all the time.

In contrast, my personal tent that is mounted to my trailer is always garaged except for trips. We have a dozen or so trips with it and the straps/Velcro still look/work like new.

the biggest problem is with the straps UNDER the cover.... cinching it down with a 0 degree bag inside takes a little pressure, but the velcro is pulling apart from the straps on both. This part isnt out in the weather, it just cant take any pressure at all. My new buckles are in, so Ill be taking care of it... Just thought you guys might want to rethink this in the future.

Box Rocket

Well a zero degree bag is pretty thick to close up inside the tent. It sounds like you have a solution and the feedback is good, I'll pass it along. One thing I've notice with my own is when I fold up the tent with my bags inside, I first started out folding the bags in half and leaving them on the side with those straps. It was a very tight fit. Then I started folding the bags and leaving them closer to the hinge side. The hinge side would compress the bags better and I could cinch those straps down better with less pressure. Just a thought.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I close mine with a "0" DBBL bag inside, but I use a HD air mattress instead of the supplied foam mattress--

Mine closes with no pressure on the velcro straps and she zips up squeaky clean-I also prop the closing top up 2' to conveniently "TUCK" in all the exterior tent mat'l, before full closure-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Limbwalker

Observer
Well a zero degree bag is pretty thick to close up inside the tent. It sounds like you have a solution and the feedback is good, I'll pass it along. One thing I've notice with my own is when I fold up the tent with my bags inside, I first started out folding the bags in half and leaving them on the side with those straps. It was a very tight fit. Then I started folding the bags and leaving them closer to the hinge side. The hinge side would compress the bags better and I could cinch those straps down better with less pressure. Just a thought.
It is a pretty big bag, and Im gonna get something a little lighter this spring, but ill try that. It doesnt seem to put any hinge pressure or anything, but it is quite a bit of material... I just have no desire to pack it up in the vehicle everytime. Ill figure it out in time and with the new buckles, but thanks for the advice

:sombrero: I close mine with a "0" DBBL bag inside, but I use a HD air mattress instead of the supplied foam mattress--

Mine closes with no pressure on the velcro straps and she zips up squeaky clean-I also prop the closing top up 2' to conveniently "TUCK" in all the exterior tent mat'l, before full closure-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Air mattress huh? Thats a good idea space-wise, though I hated blowing my old one up in my old ground tent. The self-inflating ones are nice, but probably pretty difficult to find in the size Id want for the tent

Last edited:
I was wondering if the Ruggedized comes in other colors like green or brown. When I'm in the wilds, I don't want to be seen and orange is well, ORANGE! Yuuuuk! I have an older Camping Labs RTT and over the past couple of years, I've had replace some of the parts and you guys and girl (Hi Dani) have been very helpful in getting me the correct fitting parts for my tent. Plus I own your awning with the screened room attachment. When I upgrade it will be a Tepui Tent....
Thanks, Dan in Asheville, NC.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven