**Tepui RTTs and Accessories**

Box Rocket

For those of you waiting on items that have been out of stock....latest ETA for delivery from the port is 5/25. So plan on placing orders around that time and we should have you covered. I apologize for those of you hoping to have stuff in time for Overland Expo, but it was a busy couple of months and we sold A LOT of stuff leaving us empty handed for a few weeks while we wait for this next shipment. The new stuff coming in is sweet! Thanks for your patience!

grogie

Like to Camp
Can't seem to use my Tepui enough! So much fun, it has made camping so much more enjoyable.

That is an awesome pic, and so true as it makes camping so much better. I love how quickly it goes up and down as I like to move around.

Stovey

Team Ruptured Buzzard
That is a tremendous pic - I love it!

And I've been waiting to buy a Tepui as well. Thanks go to Adam for his counsel over the winter and early Spring. My searching and analyzing and shopping are done. Took delivery of a new 2015 RAM 2500 a few weeks ago and got a Snugtop Rebel shell with reinforced Outdoorsman package. Has factory Yakima tracks and I've got the Rhino Rack legs and hardware. Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform will be here this week, Foxwing awning is sitting in the man-cave already.

I just need that Ruggedized Autana.Looking forward to having that to complete the situation!

Great thread.....

Stovey

kai38

Explorer
Anyone have pictures of the awning extension in use?
Any real world use reviews on it?
Thanks

calicamper

Expedition Leader
quick pic of the "booth" at Cruise Moab last week. Thanks everyone that stopped by!

Great thread, with a great company and products.

Quick suggestion for folks. Little trick we use in the boat world with costly canvas. Treat your weather cover sewing/ threads with 303 it reduces uv damage to the seams and threads. It does make a considerable difference on our canvas gear on the boat. Typically the sewing thread fails before the high quality canvas.

My dad is on a tight budget these days but likes camping if he can have a decent bunk. I'm sorting out a light simple trailer idea and these RTT ideas could be just the ticket.
If you see an older Infinity G35 towing a small trailer sporting a RTT in the future, thanks for all the ideas!

Box Rocket

Just installed an Autana Ruggedized on this great looking Cruiser today. This truck belongs to a couple of great people, Craig from Brisbane, Australia and his partner Amy from Wales. They travelled to the states from Spain and are just beginning their 12 month trip to Patagonia. They will be at the Overland Expo next week so say hi if you see them there. Amy was solo today while I did the tent install using a FrontRunner rack while she waits for Craig to arrive from Colorado. They head south tomorrow. Thanks guys for choosing Tepui Tents for your awesome adventure!

danmedeiros

Observer
I plan on buying a new 2016 Tacoma DCSB when they come out later this year. Thinking of either picking up one of these tents or ordering the new upcoming flippac from AT. My main hesitation about a roof top tent is the need to carry surfboards on the roof. This tent will mostly get used for Baja surf missions.

I was wondering if the Autuna model would fit over the double cab? Would it be too heavy with the low profile baja rack for the tacoma's roof? If I mounted the tent here then I could still put boards on the rack of my shell. Anyone have experience with this.

FYI I live in Santa Cruz and would love to stop by some time and check out the tents.

Last edited:

Box Rocket

The Autana would fit over the cab quite well. The Tacomas roof and a bajarack would be plenty strong to support the Autana model (or any model for that matter). Let me know if I can help put an order together for you. I can arrange for it to be picked up at the shop in Santa Cruz if you'd like.

danmedeiros

Observer
Hi Adam,

Waiting on the truck 1st! Can't wait for the new tacoma to get here. Was having lunch a Discretion Brewery and was drooling over your tents. Do you have any other customers who carry both a RTT and boards?

Box Rocket

I'm sure we do. We have several customers in south Texas the camp on the beach and surf so I'm guessing they are doing something similar to what you have in mind. I wish I had some photos but alas, I don't at the moment.

aaen

Adventurer
I'm in the market for a rtt, but I'm a bit hesitant on pulling the trigger on one at the moment. I'm torn btw the kukenam and Autana (ruggedized versions of both) but I'm mainly undecided because I am
unsure of how I want to mount it to the truck.

Figure the ability to lift it up and down so it is beneath the truck can when driving is ideal. However I want to keep the my tonneau cover, so it is secure storage for my scuba diving kit as well. Access to the cargo is already sorted as I have a cargo slide, best purchase I've ever made for my truck, hands down.

Any thoughts on how to do this? I had original thought of using wreckdivers idea with the Yakima racks/control towers and I may still, I'm just not sure if it is the best option. Sigh. could use a bit of help in this one

Regards

Steve

I suffer from fat finger syndrome and a tiny keyboard on an iPhone. So I apologize for the typos and misspellings.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven