The ExPo Mountain Bike Photo Thread

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I wish I could ride with Adrian Marcoux on a regular basis. His photo chops are insanely good, and he's one helluva nice guy to ride with.

From the ExPo Salsa Bucksaw launch in April.

AM_Salsa-Bluto-140404-073_zps80e95ae4.jpg

Flagster

Expedition Leader
Poser shot...

In the fields around Boulder, CO...
A fat tire bike on the trails might almost be as useful a conversation starter as a puppy in a park...

Attachments

• IMG_20140615_075435_462.jpg
    IMG_20140615_075435_462.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 20

Navman

Adventurer
Cannel trail at the top of the Plunge, with Lake Isabella in the background. Yes, that's almost how far we descended - and it was awesome.

IMG_1704[1].jpg

reachdean

Observer
Hello, I'm new here. I had come across ExPo before, but never took a good look around. What do you know, there's a whole bike section!

Here are a couple of old photos from 2007, when I was the mechanic for the Tour d'Afrique, a four month, 12,000km supported bike trip from Cairo, Egypt, to Cape Town, South Africa. I still have this bike (an old Trek 7000), but it's mostly retired now. I also have a few other bikes, including a touring bike that I've built up out of a mix of parts. Looking through these posts makes me jones for a new trip to take on.

The first was taken in southern Egypt, at the side of the road. The second was taken next to the remains of a tank in Ethiopia.

Saharan view by reachdean, on Flickr

War and Peace by reachdean, on Flickr

reachdean

Observer
I've got a full gallery of Africa photos over on my Flickr page.

It was the trip of a lifetime, and I followed it up as staff on a tour immediately after, from Paris to Istanbul. I'd love to find the time to do more of these trips, but they literally take months.

You can whet your appetite at Tour d'Afrique. I haven't worked for them since 2007. Seven months away from home was enough, and I needed to get back. But yeah, I'd love to do some of their other big trips - Silk Route, or the South American one would be great.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Did some gravel grinding at Hatchers Pass State park last weekend. BTW I know my HuDu's are on backwards, it was my first inner city tubeless setup and my girlfriend was freaking out as Stans was getting all over the two room cabin we live in. I'm just lucky I can still keep my bike inside. I was not going to try to do it over, instead just going to run them into the ground.
summer 2014 fungi 026small.jpg
summer 2014 fungi 098small.jpg

Last edited:

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
Chippewa Forest Return

My first mountain biking trip to the Chippewa National Forest in northern MN since 2005. I used to be a volunteer backcountry ranger here before I went to work for the MN DNR. My wife was hiking into the historic Joyce Estate "great camp" and snapped some good pictures of me as I went by, then taking out some blowdown. (May not be wearing the uniform, but I am always a ranger at heart.)

143.jpg

141.jpg

145.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal