The First Gen Pickup/Hilux (79-83) Thread

bigdave75

Will work for Food!
My 1980

pu2_zps195a2e2f.jpg

One of my favorite trucks ever, always loved that color!

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Mdwreckdiver

What is the part number for that cover on ur bed? And how well does it seal the bed area. I need a cover for my bed bot do not want something that I can remove and put on myself. This seems to be the solution.

Thanks in advance

mdwreckdiver

Yes, shauniscndn is correct, I purchased the top through Soft-topper.

It was one of my best additions to the truck. It functions flawlessly, easy to operate, no wind noise, and it is securely fastened to/seals the bed. I installed it in my garage in about an hour with basic tools and a cordless drill.

My only "complaint" is that visibility is limited when backing up due to the lack of windows on the sides. Its not a big issue and something I just deal with.

All in all I'd give the product 5 stars and would highly recommend it.

Last edited:

mdwreckdiver

The console is Rugged Ridge: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FAIA6U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It fits perfectly (butts right up to the shifter plate). I paid $120-140 which I thought was pretty reasonable. I may eventually use it as a template to make a more solid one, leather wrapped to match the seats but for now it works great-no complaints.

The seats are from a Honda S2000 (eBay), lol. And yes, they fit great. I did have to drill some new holes, use some backing plates, and spacers but they rock. I got the seat belt retainers from a Celica (eBay) which screwed right into the sides of the seats where the Honda ones were originally. The seats and seat belts all function flawlessly.

Thanks! Yes, it is my daily drive.

here is the link to my thread on it: http://www.yotatech.com/f197/northern-virginia-1981-toyota-hilux-sr5-4x4-293864/index3.html

red EOD veteran

Adventurer
Just picked up this 82 over the weeend. 22r, 5 speed 2wd long bed that runs/drives great. Bed has rust holes in multiple spots but the rest of the body and frame look pretty good.

TrucMan

Adventurer
Don't know if Iv put this up yet but this is mine.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472828120.098347.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1472828165.481743.jpg

Almost perfectly original 22r with less than 180xxx original miles. Still running Aisin carb, soon to change though. I'm about to drop 5.29s in, the 4.37s make driving more work than needs be.
It was built a wheeler and I'm slowly changing her to an exploration/overlander. She's my DD.

Sent from my iPhone using paper airplanes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach