The Little 2TRFE That Could..

jeverich

Luddite
Attempted FS17 yet again this past Sunday, with Cameron (Costman13) and Louis (Louisd75?)...

FS17 Won. Again.

Thanks for the awesome pictures Cameron - figured I'd give credit to the photographer before I shamelessly sniped a few of them for my build thread!

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/100859-COSTMAN13-s-2001-Tacoma?p=1361906#post1361906
Locker was leaking air towards the second half of the trip; thinking that the leaking pinion seal may have starved the collar o-ring of oil, which won't seal properly if it doesn't have an oil bath. Going to attack it once I get some time off - the "balloon on diff breather" trick seems like it might be the ticket.

Need to install new pinion seal.

Headlights.

Install HC Rear Bumper from Bruteforce.

Bed line rocker panels.

Paint/de-scale frame.

Louisd75

Adventurer
Locker was leaking air towards the second half of the trip; thinking that the leaking pinion seal may have starved the collar o-ring of oil, which won't seal properly if it doesn't have an oil bath. Going to attack it once I get some time off - the "balloon on diff breather" trick seems like it might be the ticket.

Need to install new pinion seal.

Headlights.

Install HC Rear Bumper from Bruteforce.

Bed line rocker panels.

Paint/de-scale frame.

don't forget to fix your brake lights :Wow1:

jeverich

Luddite
Finally. Home..

Got quite a few things done today:

Picked up a full size (used) spare for $8

Added extra D-Rings to my bed (4)

For what it's worth, this is probably one of the best additions I've made to the truck thus far. Yes, really!

Also, a 255/85/16 tire fits perfectly in between the additional D-Rings in the rear. Definitely going to store a spare there when I don't feel like running my swing out tire carrier.

Finally; if you ever feel like witnessing some local (PNW) color, visit Beacon Used Tire & Battery in Custer. W-O-W...:sombrero: Git' Er' Done

Hoping that rear bumper is going to ship sometime this week..

Think LuisD75 and I are going to have a truck day tomorrow:

Pinion Seal

SS Brake Lines

End Cap Mod

Starting to get really stoked for that trip to Hell's Canyon!

Loubaru

Adventurer
Hahaha, I take it that was your first time visiting Beacon? Yeah....they are very interesting but its always entertaining going out there. Plus they are perfect if your looking for a spare tire or don't plan on driving on the tire for very long.

jeverich

Luddite
Hahaha, I take it that was your first time visiting Beacon? Yeah....they are very interesting but its always entertaining going out there. Plus they are perfect if your looking for a spare tire or don't plan on driving on the tire for very long.

Uhh.. Yup.

Like I said. Wow.

If I wanted to imbibe in any number of recreational substances, purdy sure they could be found there!

Seriously though, good service - and awesome prices!

jeverich

Luddite
Busy few days; preparing for the Hell's Canyon trip...

None of it would have been possible without Luis's (LuisD75)'s help!

Rebuilt my crappy Toyota leaf packs with some help from American Iron (Ford F150) leafs. No mo' sag!

Fabricated a U-Bolt Flip Kit..

Mounted my High Clearance bumper from Bruteforce..

Stay tuned.

Louisd75

Adventurer
Don't forget to mention how much fun it is taking a cut off wheel to the side of a perfectly good truck bed :)

Have fun on your trip!

jeverich

Luddite
Long time no update..

Scored an ARB Simpson III Brand New [at less than half price]!

Will be fabbing up a bed rack within the month; finally home from Kodiak on the 14th.

Stay tuned Expo. Hoping for several trips to come to fruition within the next few months.

Hell's Canyon, Summer 2013:

jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77