The Little 2TRFE That Could..

jeverich

Luddite
The 4 main tubes were all notched with a notcher..

The rest are just free hand with a cut-off wheel. Honestly, with 1.5" Tube there really isn't much to trim.

jeverich

Luddite
Finished up the rack a while ago.. Then did a trip out to Yellowstone.

Haven't had the time to paint it yet, still have some more ideas for Hi-Lift mount, etc. Also - think I'm going to cut it down somewhat. Absolutely a palpable change in how the truck handles, definitely makes a drastic impact on MPGs with that tent up so high.

s6rQ0uv.jpg

DyPAeHS.jpg

aiqQ8cp.jpg

L1Jyfoa.jpg

wilson

Observer
Started in on my driveline refresh project this afternoon, fairly certain that I've found the source of a few driveline vibes and squeaks... Looks as though one of the grease passages on the rear differential U-Joint was never thru-drilled, therefore for the last 120k miles or so it has been running dry!

can you tell me which zerk this was? it appears to be a common thing so Im interested to see if there is a pattern.

jeverich

Luddite
It was the zerk on the last u-joint before the rear differential..

Yes - quite possible Dana/Spicer might have had a bad batch of them that were sent out..

jeverich

Luddite
Finally got the bed rack painted up; added a few gussets and a Hi-Lift mount..

Pretty pleased with the end result. Would definitely be up for making a few more...

RpeGPFY.jpg

Looks like a lot of spatter (just poor lighting, and wet paint).

BoSkRRl.jpg

34Giuxv.jpg

eYd4N1X.jpg

jeverich

Luddite
Made a day trip up to FS38, to the East of Deming, WA. Peaked out at around 3,500 feet - decided that it wasn't in our best interest to attempt to progress any further...

These 255s really transform into an awesome snow tire @ 5 PSI..

Added a remote quick- connect to my compressor yesterday, was getting tired of having to open the hood every time I air up. Used DOT air brake line; pretty skookum stuff! Works via compression fittings, which - are brass - and not necessarily cheap.. But, they seem like they'll hold up for quite some time. Total cost: $28.

jeverich

Luddite
Figured I'd attempt the ZTFab "MIG like TIG"..

I'm new to MIG, just picked up a machine last month. I've only done 6013/7018, mostly through being an engineer on fishing boats.

Here's what about an hour in my shop got me; need to work on my consistency - and my biggest problem is getting a "death grip" on the gun halfway through the bead.

These are both pushing, about 3/8" stick out.

- 2 steps forward, one back into your puddle, pause. 2 steps forward, one step back into puddle, pause.. etc.

1/4 MS, ER70S-6, 75-25 @ 25 CFM. Gonna have to go out to my shop to get parameters..

srch4me

Adventurer
Ah. Interesting concept. That's my biggest problem with tig at least. I grip the torch hard and my hands get tired. I have to remind myself to relax lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

jeverich

Luddite
Couple more..

20 year old F150 leaf springs. Not the most ideal material..

Definitely some undercut around the start of that last bead..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism