The Map is Not the Territory: A Northern Maine Adventure

Alaskan1Ton

Observer
thanks!!

Thanks for the epic trip report!!. IM from Maine, born and raised and Ive been all over where you guys were at. I now live in AK and I miss Maine sooooo bad, thanks for the pics, i lokked at your thread for hours just looking at the pics, It brought me back home a little bit......Thank You sincerely

jrfII

Observer
Excellent!

Wow, thank you for sharing your trip! The NMW looks amazing. Your images and narrative are so well done. Once I started, I simply could not stop. Excellent, excellent, excellent! Subscribed in hopes that you will bump future trips here. Thanks again....:sombrero:

I'myourcliff

Thanks so much for posting this! The landscape looks incredible. Very nice read-through. I hope to do a trip like this some day, but quite it's a bit of planning, especially if you have to plan overseas. My friends and I don't even have that kind of car to get around :drool: We're in the on-road crowd so far, but getting ready to experiment :D

xjman88

Adventurer
Being from maine my family and i get to enjoy alot of the nmw. We also spend alot of time up in Plum Creek land exploring and atving. We have a base camp set up for the summer and head out from there. Great times to be had. I thoroughly enjoyed the write up. If u ever want to head out this way again, hit me up. The wife and i would love to join u. Take care and God bless.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible! I can't believe anyone would waste their time on a trip like this.....

Can I PM you for info on maps, GPS mapping, directions, etc?:elkgrin: You also did a great job reporting it all for us. Thanks!

briones76

Awesome write up. Sounds like a great adventure. I also would be interested on some map info on your trip. I told my cousin about your adventure and we would like to do some exploring ourselves in the Maine area. We've explored some great logging roads around Sugarloaf ski area but never knew about the trains and B-52. I live down the street from you, I pass your truck on my way to walmart in Amherst, NH all the time. You did a great job on your rig. I have an FJ myself. Keep on adventuring and maybe we'll see you on the trails in the area.

Last edited:

durt d1ver

How long did it take you to get from the trains to gulf hagas? Myself and a few others are looking to do a similar trip, although we were planning on starting at the b-52's and heading north. The route you took looks like it would be interesting. I have to order the Delorme book, none of the bookstores in Jersey seem to stock it.

forestderp

Read your entire story... All I can say is awesome! I am looking forward to reading more trips from you, and hope to ad some of my own to the site also.

lmcanje

I just finished reading this and I have to say that this is a fantastic trip report, just the right amount of detail. Often I read about the trips in Africa, South America all the while forgetting that there is much to do and see in our corner of the globe.

jeepmedic46

Expedition Leader
I just finished reading this. What a awesome trip and a great write up, Hoping to take my kids up there this summer to see the trains. Thank you for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3