The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Hey mk, looks great. I plan on installing my tracks this week.
Couple questions (not another question from Crabby, doesn't he ask a lot of questions...). When you "drilled" through the carpet, did the bit tear up the material at all? I think I read somewhere that you reverse the direction of the bit to get through the carpet and then tape the bit to prevent it grabbing the material when drilling into the metal. May have been mistaken or asleep, I can't remember. Second, did you put any sealant/gasket between the washer and metal of the van to prevent moister getting in?

For some holes, I put a gasket punch in my cordless drill and it cut through the carpet perfectly. However, most of the holes we used an awl and just poked through (be careful not to poke through other stuff under the floor). The gasket punch trick works great if you have access and you know where you want the hole.

51V--SMlBwL._SY355_.jpg

No sealant. I don't believe it is necessary for this.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Seeing that the factory seat bracket bolt holes don't have any sealant/etc between them and fastener, nor any anti-seize, I hope we'll be ok as we are. The large OD washers are pretty tight against the bottom of the body so while moisture could creep up there, I'm hoping it doesn't.

The setup is working like a treat. Decided to move the LR seat up another 2", took just a few minutes and whala, all done!

tienckb1

Mike,

Do you have any more front seat mounts? I picked up a set of 2015 Sienna 2nd row bucket seats and was hoping that you may have an extra set laying around or be making some more.

Thanks,

Tim

Cobytefft

Intended as pm to mgmetal, new to forum.
I'm interested in sienna seat mount for front of my e350 with sports mobile swivel. I have tried to contact through your web site... Just get an error
And sent Im on face book, thanks Coby

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I sent MG an email for you guys. He's overswamped with the SEMA build so it may be a few weeks.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
At the moment, all of the sets that are made are spoken for. Working on a deal to get them in production again so please be patient.

ArcticBus

Observer
wow was hoping I didnt have to re engineer everything to make them fit in the front of my 94 E250 I defiantly will not be using them now. I'm not all about reworking tensioners etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad

Members online