The not-so-definitive guide to Sienna seats

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Oh yeah!! Don't you love them? Such amazing seats. Got a link to more pics of your van?

bozzy

Have you guys been using the L track installation hardware kit with the 5/16 bolts to secure the L track to the floor, or is there a better option for hardware?

Thanks!

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Have you guys been using the L track installation hardware kit with the 5/16 bolts to secure the L track to the floor, or is there a better option for hardware?

Thanks!

I'll defer exact hardware specs to MG.

goneagain

Observer
I have a set of sienna seats coming from a 2014. They are the two tone tan, but i really need grey. Is there Anyone local to portland who is interested in trading for grey?

If not, i will just have these recovered i suppose.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I have a set of sienna seats coming from a 2014. They are the two tone tan, but i really need grey. Is there Anyone local to portland who is interested in trading for grey?

If not, i will just have these recovered i suppose.

Leather recliners or grey non-recliners?
I have 4 grey fabric non-recliners for sale if someone wants your tan.

dcguillory

Adventurer
I just got two 2015 grey leather recliners for the front of my van. Now if only I could get bases! Got a cross country trip in April. Any chance of getting bases by then @MGMetalworks?

tienckb

Adventurer
The seats definitely give the interior an updated look on top of being awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2002 LX470 expo ready
2008 Ford E350 EB V10 4x4 Sportsmobile PH top
Custom off road trailer

klp42

In case anyone is wondering if these are comfortable.

IMG_3795.jpg

I am putting 3 recliners with OEM tracks in a Transit.

Thanks MG, you inspired me to get these seats in a van!

IMG_3777.jpg

mgmetalworks

Explorer
Ok, I guess it is time to explain a few things.

I never set out to be the "Sienna seat guy". In fact, these seats and mounts have taken up so much of my time (my Cummins install time, my pop-top design time, my interior build-out time, etc...) that I've come to the point where I just can't get anything done AND continue to make these. I don't have crew, I don't have a lot of space and, with a full time job, I don't get a lot of opportunity to work in the shop anyways. Sooooooo......

Ujoint has a crew and some manufacturing space/equipment so he and I came to an agreement and we are in the process of transferring the seat mount designs and everything related to them to his operation. As of right now, there are no mounts currently available but there may be a new batch this spring time frame once Chris has the process down. Don't contact me though... Contact Chris and maybe he has a list of interested customers or he can start one.

There is one request I have to make though... be patient, please. If it wasn't for Chris' willingness to take this on, no more of these would be made. I had reached 'peak seat mount' long ago and I was ready to shelve the design. Now I'm in the final stages of tidying up the design files/drawings/bill of materials so Chris can get up and running with no surprises. A comfortable alternative for E-series seating lives on.

That's the status. More on the way, just not from me.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
As soon as we have the final revisions I'll just need a few weeks to get some whipped up. Will let everyone know here as well as my build thread when they're ready to ship (or when we're ready to take orders/have the pricing finalized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad