The Official 2012 Overland Expo thread!!! Post your comments, questions, images...

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
By the way, Persephone and I really want to reiterate how phenomenal this overland community is. We have made so many friends over the years, and it's always such fun to see everyone....Lance, Zach, Dave, Phil, Paul, Ben, Clark, Anthony, Martyn, Clayton, John, Doug, Jay, Alice, Carla, etc, etc - the list gets bigger and bigger every year!

RMFlyer

Aerial photos

Here are a couple of photos I took on Saturday on my way home.
This was my first Expo. A great event.

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

crismateski

American Adventurist

We had a great time this weekend! The Rendezvous Conspiracy was there in force, I lost track of how many Rendezvous shirts I saw on saturday :cool:

rollingdeep.jpg

Overland Gourmet BLEW IT UP with food and parties each night (Rendezvous camp on thursday, Bundu Gear and Snow Peak on Friday) culminating in the GIANT "End of the World" party Saturday night with Equipt and the Maya Rally - we cooked and served food for what must have been hundreds of people.

cooking.jpg

Zach and Clint of OVG were backed up by Mark, Justin, Robert, Mike, Mitch and Apryl - HUGE THANKS to the Conspiracy for coming out in force and helping Overland Gourmet feed so many hungry Overlanders! :bowdown:

OVGatOEX.jpg

Paul and Ben from Equipt kept their famous Tiki Bar rolling through the night with Cuba Libres and copious amounts of refreshments for all. The combined efforts of Overland Gourmet/Equipt/Maya Rally delivered what had to be the biggest overland party ever. Kudos to all who worked and to all who came and made it such a blast!

There had to have been at least 2-3 times more vehicles/people/vendors/gear/training/food/everything this year and the venue was PERFECT! Huge thanks to the Hansons and crew for all the hard work, you guys rock and your event is top notch.

We'll be back!

ovx.jpg

Great job, Saturday night was certainly one of the Highlights of the weekend

hikingff77

Adventurer
Any word on the gentleman's name in the 'chair? Was it Bob perhaps? I think he looks like a guy from a backpacking forum I post on. Great guy. Very motivational and accomplished.

dhackney

Expedition Leader
Any word on the gentleman's name in the 'chair? Was it Bob perhaps? I think he looks like a guy from a backpacking forum I post on. Great guy. Very motivational and accomplished.

I didn't speak with him directly. I listened in while he explained the trike to some people who were interested. We watched him pull in and then eavesdropped.

Here's a CU of the flyer:

2012-05-19-S90-5176-1200.jpg

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member

His name is Vince. We did a full video interview of him for Expo. Very inspirational indeed.

AdvWife

The Expo was a great excuse to get away and enjoy cooler weather.

smugshot6601078-L.jpg
Campground was really peaceful

smugshot8352551-L.jpg
I drooled over the new Brute. Rommel dug it too.

smugshot1852275-L.jpg

smugshot5372769-L.jpg
Elly and Rommel and the Overland Journal booth, tired and ready for a nap.

Sun setting over a good weekend.
smugshot9658506-L.jpg

dhackney

Expedition Leader
For those who didn't have the opportunity to attend or who want to in the future, I took the liberty of adding info to the the excellent aerial photo (please let me know if I've made any errors here):

ovex12-aerial-photo-02-2400.jpg

Last edited:

benedmonson

Disabled Adventurer
Team Equipt wanted to thank everybody that came out to our "End of the World Party" Saturday night! We also want to thank the guys at Overland Gourmet (Zach & Clint) and their Rendezvous Conspiracy! Also, Christian and the Maya Rally folks! This party took a huge group effort and we all worked and succeeded as a team.
We had no idea how huge the participation would be when we came up with the idea while deep in the jungles of Guatemala. Thank you all!!!

A few pics that I took with my snappy while at the EXPO:

DSCF1611-web.jpg

When these two get together there can be nothing but T-R-O-U-B-L-E!

DSCF1387.jpg

Nigel, Erik & Jeremy

DSCF1403.jpg

Our new International man of mystery, Jonathan!

DSCF1569-web.jpg

Clint Terrill of JPFreek getting a proper flogging as he so deserves....

DSCF1717-web.jpg

Clay of Expedition Overland trying to get Clint & Zach to give him "Blue Steel."

DSCF1519.jpg

Our official mascot for the party Saturday night.

DSCF1444-edit-web.jpg

The SnowPeak party Friday night was great! From what I heard I had a blast!

DSCF1562-web.jpg

Kelly Phillips from Safari LTD. hanging with Alex from Telluride.

DSCF1543.jpg

The Rendezvous Conspiracy doing what they do.....

DSCF1522.jpg

Saturday Nights deadly brew.....

DSCF1414.jpg

Anil and his beautiful wife!

DSCF1391.jpg

Beverly with Jeremy who seemed to be in about every picture and Angela Brown of NLX.

I'm sorry for the low resolution of these images as Photobucket isn't playing nicely with me today!

Benjie Edmonson
Dir. Of Marketing
Equipt Expedition Outfitters
www.equipt1.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven