The Time Has Come: My GX build

DanKunz

Adventurer
285/70/17E or D = 32.8 inch tire

I run em, they work great, minor rub in front till you pull it for a bumper.

I would just pull the back and use a drop hitch. The handling on and offroad with Icons will be worth far more than any air bag leveling.

Let me know if you need help on ASFIR. Take some photos of where KDSS has issues and I can take pics of mine (no KDSS, but I have a full ASFIR skid set on). Also, my build thread has pics of the plates on.

TexGX

Explorer
Dan,

I am going to change out the shocks in the back, just going to wait on the coils. If I don't like it or the bags fail, then it is simple to add on. I am looking at the 275/70/17 because I like a skinner tire. The issue I see with Asfir skids is my row bar is oversized(much larger then stock non-KDSS). I think I will have to just test fit it amd maybe use some spacers. Thanks for the offer of pictures. I may take some just to see. What do you think of them so far?

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
The wait for the Icon's to show up is killing me. I decided that I needed to do something to the GX this weekend. I had been needing to relocate my rear diff breather. So off to Toyota for the union and Autozone for some hose and claps. It took about 30 mins to do. Know I can feel more comfortable crossing water.

Attachments

• Breather.jpg
    Breather.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Supplies.jpg
    Supplies.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 79

TexGX

Explorer
Pedro,
Actual almost bought that one from LexWoody. The only issue is it mounts to the same place my tow hitch does. I tow a trailer so need the larger tow hitch. I also think I can make one for cheaper. The kit is only $93 and I am quessing metal would cost another $100 or so.

TexGX

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
Yeah I would need to have the hitch available still as well. I just liked the general premise.

BonnerBB

What is the objection to Load E tires? Alot of wheelers run them because they actually have thicker sidewalls which is better against side punctures.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
I run E loads. Too many cut tires durring the rallies prompted me to get a more rugged tire. You can still air them down and get a great footprint.

TexGX

Explorer
E load tires are heavier. This means more gas and harder on your trucks components. With that said, it looks like 275/70/17E BFG AT's are going to get the call.

TexGX

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
The E load Duratrac in 265-70-17 is 6lbs heavier than the C.

Also I rub full lock with the 265, (OME 885's up front) so just note that before you get into a wider tire.

Pedro

Capitan rally fluffer
stock height with 265-70's will rub on flat ground a bit before full lock. (duratrac)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsgreg