The Utilitarian-Camper 2nd Gen Tacoma

Xrunner

Explorer
Wow... amazing work!

Have you considered selling the custom flatbed and camper setup and the building a replacement that incorporates everything you learned from the first build?

Clutch

<---Pass
Bummer about the measure twice cut once issue.

Still my favorite build on this site. Looks great regardless. Could run a LED light bar in that extra space beneath the Flip Pac hinge.

7979156_orig.jpg

griplimited

Honestly, I don't see any negatives in that height. Just add a fairing in front of it so it sort of has that Xterra rear hump. Awesome everything btw!

Louisd75

Adventurer
I keep on thinking he could sell a couple few of these things.

In all reality, the flippac style won't work for me. They're not very compatible with kayaks or tandem bicycles without having to remove them every time you want to pop the top. If you're set up at a base camp it wouldn't be the end of the world, but if you're camping en-route it becomes a pain. I am thinking about stealing his design ideas and making a cab-over pop top ala FWC but I need to buy the truck first.

Clutch

<---Pass
In all reality, the flippac style won't work for me. They're not very compatible with kayaks or tandem bicycles without having to remove them every time you want to pop the top. If you're set up at a base camp it wouldn't be the end of the world, but if you're camping en-route it becomes a pain. I am thinking about stealing his design ideas and making a cab-over pop top ala FWC but I need to buy the truck first.

Yeah the FP style isn't not for everyone.

I had a Wildernest for a couple years, it wasn't too much of an issue taking off the mountain bikes.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
the hieght would bother me as well, dont like it, but the overall style looks great !!!

maybe look on craigslist for a cheap camper or topper for windows that will work? i see cheap toppers all the time

huntsonora

Explorer
Vacation or moving here? What part of CO will you be in? I am in the Ft Collins area so if you need anything let me know

Were moving, not sure where exactly yet will spend about a week scouting out areas and neighborhoods, probably in the boulder area but will see. Thanks for the offer maybe we can grab a beer sometime when I'm there .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach